Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No jelly bean until 2013 for US carriers

A few sites have been reporting this this morning, sad news, at first they said august, then they said September, then they said October, now it's 2013

I'm personally glad I made the switch to cm10 recently so I don't have to wait months for jelly bean while other devices that are coming out soon will have them on release

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Default Re: No jelly bean until 2013 for US carriers

I am now considering on flashing my phone to get JB....this is ridiculous...

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post

A few sites have been reporting this this morning, sad news, at first they said august, then they said September, then they said October, now it's 2013

I'm personally glad I made the switch to cm10 recently so I don't have to wait months for jelly bean while other devices that are coming out soon will have them on release

Yea....that's it for me. I was waiting patiently, but given the news that is out today, I think I will go and find myself the most stable TouchWiz JB rom. I've been badly wanting to invert the colors on Gmail anyway and I'd need to root for that, so might as well go all in now.
    Feature phones > Motorola Q > Palm Pre > Samsung Replenish > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Moto X
    vudugan and cjsmoove like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by austinography View Post
    Yea....that's it for me. I was waiting patiently, but given the news that is out today, I think I will go and find myself the most stable TouchWiz JB rom. I've been badly wanting to invert the colors on Gmail anyway and I'd need to root for that, so might as well go all in now.
    I believe people are saying that jelly bomb is the most stable stock touch wiz rom

Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    I am now considering on flashing my phone to get JB....this is ridiculous...
    Download the most stable cm10, i love it

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

ouch.
    i wont post the UK news outa respect for my US bros+sis's

i can see a lot of 1st time flashing goin on in this forum lol

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Tell ya I love android but the fact we wait a freaking year or six months for a update when the next one is being launched is utterly rediculous. I've never owned a apple product before but one thing I can say is that you know when to expect their updates and its a done deal.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    htabbach and XChrisX like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    Tell ya I love android but the fact we wait a freaking year or six months for a update when the next one is being launched is utterly rediculous. I've never owned a apple product before but one thing I can say is that you know when to expect their updates and its a done deal.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    But ios is only on a few devices while android has tons, so that's probably the main reason for this

If Google was like apple and only allowed Google to make android devices, then this problem wouldn't persist

Thanked by 3:
    mjafferi likes this.

Delete

Is everyone in this thread new to Android or something?

It's not Google, or Samsung, or the Ghost of Christmas Past's fault. It's Verizon's overall decision when and if we get the update.

Most of you stressing out of this probably haven't even tried JB (I'm assuming). It's not necessarily ground-breaking, and if you want it that bad flash CM10 or something. No need to run in here teary-eyed, comparing our devices to Apple's (again). The iPhone has absolutely nothing to do with the Verizon Galaxy S3 receiving the JB update.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    Thanked by 2:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post

It's not Google, or Samsung, or the Ghost of Christmas Past's fault. It's Verizon's overall decision when and if we get the update.

Most of you stressing out of this probably haven't even tried JB (I'm assuming). It's not necessarily ground-breaking, and if you want it that bad flash CM10 or something. No need to run in here teary-eyed, comparing our devices to Apple's (again). The iPhone has absolutely nothing to do with the Verizon Galaxy S3 receiving the JB update.

I find jelly bean to be pretty groundbreaking for me, since I've been using it, my phone has been extremely fast

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Root, problem solved. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    But ios is only on a few devices while android has tons, so that's probably the main reason for this

If Google was like apple and only allowed Google to make android devices, then this problem wouldn't persist

And then all you techies would be bored to tears with your devices. Gotta take the bad with the good. That's life.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

the way i see it its Samsungs fault made much worse by the carriers.
    all unbranded s3s should be on JB by now but they arent.
    its easy for senior android users to say "just remove the safety locks from your phone and flash the firmware" or "JB is no big deal" but that doesnt really cut it imo..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
    MERCDROID likes this.

i am running jellybomb for sprint. based off the leaked jellybean from sprint.

It doesn't cut it. I don't want to lose features or have them break. We've been promised this since summer and you shouldn't have to root to get updates. No more Samsung phones for me.
    grunt0300 likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

although, do any One X have official JB yet?
    think it should be "no more non-nexus" lol

GT-I9300, UK
    Thanked by:
    XChrisX likes this.

I wasn't looking forward to seeing this but yet it's another chapter in the Samsung Galaxy S series.. International models get their update then months later after the US carriers are done doing their own internal testing they roll it out...

Don't blame Sammy here guys, it happens to all branded devices once it his the US carriers. We've seen it with HTC, Sammy, Moto...

My advice if you can't wait any longer hit the awesome rooting guides by our advisors Skunkape60 and creccaj1 and you can have Jelly Bean now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Samsung needs to find a way for it to be the sole provider for updates just like Google is for the Nexus. These carriers are always finding some way to make things slower for things like this!! I know there has to be a way
    Thanked by:
    funkylogik, MERCDROID and XChrisX like this.

Samsung needs to find a way for it to be the sole provider for updates just like Google is for the Nexus. These carriers are always finding some way to make things slower for things like this!! I know there has to be a way
    Would be nice but won't happen.. Especially from Verizon and Sprint with their proprietary files for LTE, etc under lock and key.

I do agree it would be nice to live in a world without carrier interference when it comes to updates.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Would be nice but won't happen.. Especially from Verizon and Sprint with their proprietary files for LTE, etc under lock and key.

I do agree it would be nice to live in a world without carrier interference when it comes to updates.

There has to be a way for at least Samsung to release a stock basic update for ALL GS3s to update to on a given date, then later in the months, the carriers could release another update to suit their bloatware and other stuff later in the month or year, but everyone would still have JellyBean for their phones...makes sense to me unless I'm missing something

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

as i said though paul, my int' unbranded s3 is still waiting for JB long after id hoped for but i understand peoples frustration at the carriers. people have to stop sucking on the "subsidised" teet tbh

GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    as i said though paul, my int' unbranded s3 is still waiting for JB long after id hoped for but i understand peoples frustration at the carriers. people have to stop sucking on the "subsidised" teet tbh

That sucks Funky. The OEM's get their money along with the carriers and the consumer gets to wait around...

This is one of the main reasons back 2 plus years ago I rooted my first device. I wasn't going to wait around for the update and I'm so glad I jumped in when I did

Paul

funkylogik and MERCDROID like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post

Not everyone knows how or wants to root their phones
    Also rooting your phone removes the ability to get OTA updates in the future

Not everyone knows how or wants to root their phones
    Also rooting your phone removes the ability to get OTA updates in the future
    Exactly, that's why it's a choice per individual and I always respect whichever path a consumer takes.

Paul

smooth4lyfe likes this.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast