Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree27Likes

Default Re: Best SMS app?

Marcus, you might want to post in a forum for the Evo, rather than the Samsung Galaxy. But what you see is, I think, a Sprint issue when you create a long text message that gets chopped up into multiples. Instead of one long message, send it as several small ones, then they'll end up in the right order.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

You said ask any question, so here goes!

When I open a specific message thread, the keyboard always pops up (I'm using Swype Beta). Is there any way to prevent this, as I'm often just wanting to view previous messages. And if there is, how do I then make the keyboard appear?

BTW, your inbox appears to be full, so it's impossible to message you privately.

Quote Originally Posted by rricky100 View Post
    Is there an option in go sms pro to show the time each text is received and sent? I like seeing the time of each message sent or received under it
    You can do that with Chomp SMS

Try sending a text to 4 people with the stock app, just cost you 1, as it's just sent 4 MMS. Sucks...

I like Chomp SMS because:

Incoming text small screen pops up in any app, you can respond in that same box without leaving app. You also see a small arrow up top to pull down what the person wrote just in case you forgot, still don't have to leave what you're currently doing. Can schedule text messages, date & time, & delayed messages). More options and customization choices, quick compose & more.

Con: group message stinks but the other things are more important to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

I like "Sliding Messaging"--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ssaging_donate
    -UI
    -Pop-up
    -Timestamp
    -Supports LightFlow
    -Expandable Notifications with actionable buttons
    -Themes
    -MMS
    -Group Messaging
    -Emoji
    -# count

Has absolutely everything I need & the Dev is very responsive pushing updates quickly to fix problems & add features.
    Last edited by Lanhoj; 04-09-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    I like "Sliding Messaging"--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ssaging_donate
    -UI
    -Pop-up
    -Timestamp
    -Supports LightFlow
    -Themes
    -MMS
    -Group Messaging
    -Emoji
    -# count

Has absolutely everything I need & the Dev is very responsive pushing updates quickly to fix problems & add features.
    So they've gotten the group messaging functionality built in now? That's one of my main requirements in a texting app - actually handling the sending and receiving group texts properly. I'm using Go SMS now but not totally sold on it. I love Chomp but the group functionality just isn't there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bronsonelliott View Post
    So they've gotten the group messaging functionality built in now?
    Works for me using the paid version.

-UI
    -Pop-up
    -Timestamp
    -Supports LightFlow
    -Themes
    -MMS
    -Group Messaging
    -Emoji
    -# count

Really liking the UI.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Galaxy S3 w/ Hyperion 4200mah and Seidio battery cover & ZeroLemon 7000mah

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

I just downloaded the Verizon Messages app. So far...works pretty well. I like that you can customize your app and you can send it from your tablet and your computer and they all sync with each other. Great feature. That way, while I am at work, I can send a text message from my computer instead of my phone all the time. It looks like I am working when really, I am texting away. Google Voice does the same but it can't send MMS and you can't customize your app.

Does MMS work properly on your S3 with this app?

Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    How you know I have an S3...oh wait, it's an S3 section, was a little creeped out til I realized that, since I usually only post from my N4 or Z10, LoL.
    I can't answer though since I currently misplaced my standard SIM adapter so all I can use it with are my micro & nano SIM devices, sorry. It worked on my GNex & Sidekick before I lost the adapter...
    Thanked by:
    tsells 

Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    I tried it and it doesn't on the S3
    Thanked by:
    tsells 

Quote Originally Posted by jwp1223 View Post
    I tried it and it doesn't on the S3
    MMS are still new to that App but certain devices & networks are confirmed to work.

However if yours doesn't, you might want to contact the Dev. He's super responsive to E-mails as long as they're well written (same should always apply when contacting a Dev).
    Include your:
    -Version # of the App
    -Device
    -Network
    -Google Wallet purchase #
    -detailed description of the problem with steps to reproduce it

Keep in mind far too many people write poorly written E-mails so a nicely written one will stand out & is much more likely to get a quick response.

I dumped Go SMS because it sends images as links and the other person needs Go SMS to view it. I also paid for their premium service and only found out it's not even for a full year until AFTER I bought it. I couldn't find a refund option either so I was SOL.

If some of these things have changed with Go SMS the past five months or so, I would be willing to give it another shot.

Love this question and one I was going to ask.
    I'm using chomp note, but enjoyed go SMS, and slide SMS
    I disliked hand sent... Very much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

For MMS I always click on my stock SMS.I turned notifications off so I don't get two texts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

for Go SMS users.. I need some help. when I go into a conversation, and my keyboard comes up.. the messages get pushed up and I can't view the most recent messages while I type unless I scroll down.. any way to change/fix this? The keyboard just overlaps the most recent messages when it comes up.

I love Go SMS. Although it is a pain to set up the MMS to work well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Textra is the best.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I have yet to find an SMS application that handles group chats properly and MMS (photos/videos) easily.

GO SMS is great but I receive double notifications for every group chat message, which is quite annoying. The stock app is good but it handles MMS in a messy way.

I've also tried Handcent, Chomp, and Pansi with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dlinares90 View Post
    I have yet to find an SMS application that handles group chats properly and MMS (photos/videos) easily.

GO SMS is great but I receive double notifications for every group chat message, which is quite annoying. The stock app is good but it handles MMS in a messy way.

I've also tried Handcent, Chomp, and Pansi with no luck.
    I've managed to avoid double messages, but group chat is a mess. If one person from a group chat texts me, it shows up as a weird empty block, then I tap it and it opens to my single conversation with them. So then I have to back out and open the group message. And MMS in go sms sometimes lags so it's a pain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

HOLA SMS!!! it's an app that combines IMs like whatsapp and SMS clients like Handcent. you should try it!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345