Best SMS app?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Does Chomp or GoSMS have a quick compose feature similar to Handcent's where you can long press a button and a quick compose window pops up?

Go has a widget that does similar mate (actualy just noticed it there lol)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I use stock. GoSMS and Handcent have become so bloated at this point that it's overkill. I don't need fancy backgrounds and fonts, I just need to read and send messages.

Im starting to feel the same way. The main thing I liked about handcent was that it would only show mobile numbers when I entered a contact. But other than that it's all cosmetic.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Im starting to feel the same way. The main thing I liked about handcent was that it would only show mobile numbers when I entered a contact. But other than that it's all cosmetic.

Even besides the cosmetics, it has way better features than stock such as changing the LED notification color, looks way more organized, quick reply, and much easier to use

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

mlewis76

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
U can go into settings n play store and uncheck the auto update. Or go into ur apps, find go sms and uncheck the auto update. Idk about shutting off the notifications.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
U can go into settings n play store and uncheck the auto update. Or go into ur apps, find go sms and uncheck the auto update. Idk about shutting off the notifications.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

was that to me mate?
yeah its only a couple of apps that i refuse to update (some are getting SO greedy like Alive Video Wallpaper which is tryin to introduce in-app payments for stuff thats already free instead of just adding payed extras lol. a good lesson for people to read reviews "from this version only" before updating) .. not everything :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I use GoSMS and it works flawlessly with many needed and extra features...how was it "bubbly" for you maybe I can help you out...they have different themes to if you do not like the color, even an iPhone SMS theme

Seriously? Who gives a shiz if it has a stupid iPhone theme? If you want iPhone, get an iPhone!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
now now he was simply pointing out that theres multiple themes and manual customisation to make it look like YOU want it.
im sure noone on this forum would want their s3 to look like an iphone :)

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm using gosms and like it ok. But I use the feature in the stock app where you can call someone by bringing the phone to your ear while in a text. Wish I could still do that with gosms.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm using gosms and like it ok. But I use the feature in the stock app where you can call someone by bringing the phone to your ear while in a text. Wish I could still do that with gosms.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

yeah that would be handy mate. that feature is part of touchwiz but surely if Go Sms used call and sensor permissions, they could do it?
maybe it would need you to press yes or no though which would ruin it..

vudugan

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I've always been a go launcher fan but for some reason I can't get with the gosms. I think it's the small input box that bugs me and the appearance customization. With handcent I have been pretty happy for the past 2yrs. Also, not that I looked too hard but I couldn't get rid of the bubbles like here on Handcent.

ypemy3u7.jpg

VZW SGS3 Tap a Talk

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The only 3 features handcent has that I find valuable are individual contact notification, only showing mobile numbers when entering a contact to text, and scheduled tasks. But all the clutter really bugs me and those things are that important to me.

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I use stock, can anybody tell me if these other messenger send/receive pictures as mms messages instead of slideshows?

Don't know which carrier you are on, but Verizon SMS (not native on my phones ROM) does this.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't third party messenger apps use your data and not your actual sms/mms service?

I don't know. I don't mess with emoticons and stock Messenger does everything I need it to do with a clean minimal UI.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Whatsapp does, it uses very little though. But you get emojis!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084