Best SMS app?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
For those that use go sms do you have your messages sort set to time or sent/received order?

Settings -> advanced -> important tips. It should say sort order or something to that effect.

I'm curious because I don't really understand the difference.

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
For those that use go sms do you have your messages sort set to time or sent/received order?

Settings -> advanced -> important tips. It should say sort order or something to that effect.

I'm curious because I don't really understand the difference.

not sure lol il have a look.
on mine, which ever thread i sent on last goes to the top of the list but if i recieve a text, that thread stays wherever it was so im guessin mine is set to "sent".
ill have a look , id prefer it to be "recieved".......

ok i dont have that setting, did it come in latest update? i refuse to update any more, sick of the bloat.

glad u asked this question coz i found an option for go sms to still recieve messages with stock sms disabled :)

p.s, u got a screenshot of that settings page mate?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Last edited:

Haris Saleem

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok Im on an HTC Desire V and I ran into this cumbersome issue with my stock messaging app, I have a thread having a little above 4700 texts. The stock app JUST WONT OPEN this thread. What actually happens is if I try opening that thread, I can see a rotating loading icon and it does not go away. After this I am unable to open any other conversation either.

I have been using ChompSMS just for fun and it was quite convenient, more customizable but it still was quite laggy.
I have just installed GoSMS and it seems to be smoother with its default settings or minimal customization.

I would personally recommend GOSms if you:

1. Happen to have conversations having large number of texts
2. Want to customize appearance of your sms app
3. Can afford ads/ little annoyances while using your sms app

Its a good app, since they are giving it for free, you may choose to live with the ads etc

GoodLuck! :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
theres also 3modes in go sms... i love mine customised but theres a basic minimalist setting... ill get a screen shot...
uploadfromtaptalk1352629009910.jpg
in basic settings.
pro mode is not recommended if youre a spam hater :)

p.s, anyone using the latest update?
i decided not to update coz it keeps getn more bloated.
how is it?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Haris Saleem

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have installed it today, so I guess Im using the latest update? :eek:

I preferred the Normal Mode, I hate those "Ads". Lite mode lacks in that it doesn't let you customize :(

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
oh i love my customisation,especialy as i have bad eyes
uploadfromtaptalk1352639868431.jpguploadfromtaptalk1352639885908.jpguploadfromtaptalk1352639903026.jpg

does latest update add anything mate?

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I use handcent, but send mms through the stock sms app. My experience with handcent has told me it takes extremely too long sending an MMS, even after the pic has been resized.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I like go sms but when I take screen shots and send them to my husband on his iphone the way it compresses the mms images makes them unreadable. So I'm using stock for now.

Ricky20

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So can somebody tell me which sms app is better? Go sms or Chomp sms and why? It seems in both you will have to pay something and I just want to make sure whatever I pay for is legit. Anyone with experience with both of them?

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So can somebody tell me which sms app is better? Go sms or Chomp sms and why? It seems in both you will have to pay something and I just want to make sure whatever I pay for is legit. Anyone with experience with both of them?

I like go sms and there's really nothing you have to pay for. But you'll probably still have to use the stock app to send mms that has text

Ricky20

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Is there an option in go sms pro to show the time each text is received and sent? I like seeing the time of each message sent or received under it

gdog154934

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The best app most stable messaging app your gonna find is something that deosn't look fake, go sms pro looks fake as hell, so does handcent. and chomp sms doesn't look that fake at all. if the app looks fake, then its a bad sms app, notice how on angry birds it doesn't look like pure gold, but the game itself is addicting, nobody cares about looks.

xbeatle

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
For the life of Christ, why are the message input boxes so small on all these apps?

Can anyone recommend a messaging app that has a big square input box(not a miniscule little rectangular box) so I don't have to fight with scroll bars if I want to see my entire message(w/o scrolling) before hitting the irrevocable "Send" button.

Clearly someone must have realized this deficiency and responded to the need..surely someone..

For your efforts you will receive an amazing Karma payout :)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What the heck does "look fake" mean?

Go SMS gives you the ability to enter text in a large box. Just tap the icon with four arrows next to the small text entry box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37