Reducing Wake Lock on com.sec.android.app.clockpackage

bombersun

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Need help to reduce clock (com.sec.android.app.clockpackage) battery usage. Currently shows 12.1% usage with 805 wake locks. Disabled the stock clock app. Using a widget for stock alarm clock. Any idea?

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
instead of disabling, have you tried to verify a decrease in wakelocks with NO alarms set to see how much it decreases by? That way you can narrow down what might be causing so many wakelocks.. and that number of 805 is in how many hours of awake time?

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
your keep awake is only 27m, out of 8 hours, so your doing good. What is your total time for the 805 wakelocks? are you using betterbatterystats to get this info?

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
your awake time of 27 min on 8 hours of uptime is great.. What is the total time for the 805 wakelocks, the app your using, which I'm guessing is maybe betterbatterystats will tell you total time for it..

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
sorry for that posting issue, freaking board is timing out and not letting me edit posts and all kinds of crap... ;-)

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
for com.sec.android.app.clockpackage does the app tell you the total awake time for the 805 wakelocks? Still at 8 hours with only 27 minutes of full awake time, your doing very good. If your total time is less then 5 minutes on those 805 wakelocks, your good.. Still high though in terms of how many. Try rebooting your phone, AFTER you do a full recharge of the battery, and take note of how those times come in, more or less locks...

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
by the way if that app doesn't tell you the full awake time com.sec.android.app.clockpackage is using with those 805 wakelocks, try downloading the free version of betterbatterystats from the store, and let if record your stats for a full day/night, with at least one full charge/discharge, it will give you full details on it and more, then post here..

bombersun

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
by the way if that app doesn't tell you the full awake time com.sec.android.app.clockpackage is using with those 805 wakelocks, try downloading the free version of betterbatterystats from the store, and let if record your stats for a full day/night, with at least one full charge/discharge, it will give you full details on it and more, then post here..

thanks.... i had betterbatterystats but didnt like it. thanks for your help.

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
no problem, like I said your total time up of 8 hours to only 27 minutes of awake time is very good. keep watch over those locks, and if you notice it keeping the phone awake more, then we can troubleshoot, but as is, your usage is very good in total time... if you continue with problems or issues, post in this thread and PM so I know you need more help.. ;-)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
com dot apps always scare me lol...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox