Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hello + Extended Battery Question

Hello all, I took advantage of the $99 sale at best buy last Sunday and finally was able to upgrade to the GSIII from a lowly Droid Bionic. I finally got it activated yesterday and my God am I in heaven! I'm wondering if anyone has any information/opinions on an extended battery for the phone? I'm currently thinking of getting the Hyperion battery on Amazon for $20. It has gotten great reviews for the most part. Does anybody here use this battery and have any likes or dislikes? Thanks for the help!

Default Re: Hello + Extended Battery Question

I have the Q-cell I bought from Amazon. It is a 4200ma/h battery and seems to work well. I never even think about topping it off in the car during the day. Most days my phone comes off the charger at 7:30 and back on at midnight. I am usually around 50% +/- at bedtime. I would consider myself a moderate user, but I travel almost daily. My travel often takes me out of my home territory and into many rural areas where lack of signal strength can wreak havoc on a battery. I use no power saving methods, I have multiple widgets, a live wallpaper, hourly sync for many things and push email. In other words I don't even think about battery anymore!!!

The con is the phone is way too BIG! It is thicker and harder to handle. It doesn't fit comfortably in my pocket and there is no belt clip holster for it. I'm sure I might be able to find a pouch, but I don't like them. Before the battery upgrade I had an Otterbox Defender with the holster and I really liked it.

If you really need the extra battery go for it, but consider the downsides too.
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    I have the Q-cell I bought from Amazon. It is a 4200ma/h battery and seems to work well. I never even think about topping it off in the car during the day. Most days my phone comes off the charger at 7:30 and back on at midnight. I am usually around 50% +/- at bedtime. I would consider myself a moderate user, but I travel almost daily. My travel often takes me out of my home territory and into many rural areas where lack of signal strength can wreak havoc on a battery. I use no power saving methods, I have multiple widgets, a live wallpaper, hourly sync for many things and push email. In other words I don't even think about battery anymore!!!

The con is the phone is way too BIG! It is thicker and harder to handle. It doesn't fit comfortably in my pocket and there is no belt clip holster for it. I'm sure I might be able to find a pouch, but I don't like them. Before the battery upgrade I had an Otterbox Defender with the holster and I really liked it.

Coming from a thick bionic with extended battery i was actually looking forward to a bit more heft on the SIII. So that's not really an issue for me. There was a matching case from Hyperion that I can purchase with the battery, so I won't have to go without.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post

You can get a stylish fanny pack.

Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by bigjotto316 View Post
    Hello all, I took advantage of the $99 sale at best buy last Sunday and finally was able to upgrade to the GSIII from a lowly Droid Bionic. I finally got it activated yesterday and my God am I in heaven! I'm wondering if anyone has any information/opinions on an extended battery for the phone? I'm currently thinking of getting the Hyperion battery on Amazon for $20. It has gotten great reviews for the most part. Does anybody here use this battery and have any likes or dislikes? Thanks for the help!
    Look at this on eBay:

Brand New Fast Shipping Battery EB-L1G6LLU For Samsung i9300 Galaxy S3 S3 USA

http://bit.ly/S8e0nG

I prefer external to extended because I can still wear a protective case with it unlike Hyperion and all those extended battery's who offer no protection and cracked easily

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
    -S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    I prefer external to extended because I can still wear a protective case with it unlike Hyperion and all those extended battery's who offer no protection and cracked easily

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
    -S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$
    There are a few good cases that fit well with the Hyperion battery for protection

I ordered my Hyperion battery a few days ago but it hasnt come in yet, I have heard good reviews about it so im hoping it works out!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjotto316 View Post
    I just bought the hyperion 4200 extended from amazon. Came relatively fast despite the mix up with my expedited shipping. I got it this morning at 10 and still trying to kill the battery. It does feel weird but it's not all bad like some may put it. I would suggest looking out for one of those covers but I'm sketchy about the ones listed. But I like it so far

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by lbkiml View Post
    You can get a stylish fanny pack.
    I am LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Well I went ahead and purchased the extended battery and the Hyperion case to go along with it. Both only cost me $35 together so well worth it IMO. I'll update this thread once I get them installed and let everyone know what I think.

I actually looked at the hyperion on amazon before ordering the Anker extended battery pack for 20 bucks. Only a few days use they work great. Comes with 2 battery's and a charger. The charger is pretty flimsy so we will see how being it lasts. To be honest seems like they hold juice better than the stock battery. Could just be me having high hopes haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I don't know if I got a bad battery. After 24 hrs I'm only please a little. I went from 6 hrs of usage to about 14hrs of usage. I guess I'll kill the battery again. Btw I charged it 12 hrs like instructed.

I just got my Hyperion Battery with a case I ordered from amazon and it looks amazing! The bulk is a good fit in the hands and it looks sleek...and the battery life is awesome! I am now a happy man

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    I just got my Hyperion Battery with a case I ordered from amazon and it looks amazing! The bulk is a good fit in the hands and it looks sleek...and the battery life is awesome! I am now a happy man
    I have the same battery. About to do a side project for my case though. I have a extra ot defender that I'm going to cut. How is your battery life

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm