Just switched from iPhone need help

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but unfortunately, it is garbage. All it seems to do is crash with anything that aren't the simplest data sets. I am guessing the developer is not properly parsing CSV data on import, and not doing much in the way of error checking to boot. After importing even small tables of values, the program stops when trying to display the data.
Kinda figured by your post you may have been looking for a more robust option, but it was worth a shot (sometimes you can't really tell how far along a poster has progressed). Looks like your mileage was similar to my own. If I run across anything I'll holler at you.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I missed a bunch of this thread but you can get apps that will turn the gps back on via a hidden text message

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
wait... do you have to be rooted to turn on GPS with android lost??
dont remember reading it in description... :(

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

I will check it. I was playing with it a while back and think you do.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
wait... do you have to be rooted to turn on GPS with android lost??
dont remember reading it in description... :(

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

I checked it and you don't need to be rooted to located your device via Android lost. Just tried it on my Transformer Prime tablet and it found it right away.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I'll agree with Solutions to an extent that the apps on iOS are prettier but the more Apple wants to shun innovation and turn away major players and do it's own thing will hurt them in the long run. Just look at what happened with Maps, piss poor decision on Apple's part. Furthermore the whole lawsuite nonsense will come back and bite Apple in the ass as Samsung has already announced it will be ending it's supply of display componants to Apple.

http://m.techradar.com/news/mobile-...amsung-costs-over-false-web-statement-1111719

lol

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
What we're talking about here is that if the thief turns off GPS and wifi, third party apps can't turn it back on (they don't have permission). Unless your tab has a cell radio, then the only way you can communicate to it would be wifi, which would allow wifi location services even if GPS was off.

makes sense but Android Lost should really put *root* after the "toggle GPS" feature like most devs would

@Solutions this is a thread offering solutions for people moving from ios, not negativity!? my "thanks" in your "here we go again" post was accidental btw sorry :thumbup:

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just switched as well and am wondering if there is an easy way to move an email to google drive from the phone? Please? Anyone? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

If it hasn't been suggested already. You might want to give haxsync a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
but if the op has "just switched from iphone" then your replies are pointless.
you do know your stuff mate, respect for that, just think this is the wrong thread for that knowledge :thumbup:

and you are right that these thngs should be part of google but google wont read this so we should concentrate on work-arounds. and lets face it, we're geeks, we enjoy problem solving :)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
but if the op has "just switched from iphone" then your replies are pointless.
you do know your stuff mate, respect for that, just think this is the wrong thread for that knowledge :thumbup:

and you are right that these thngs should be part of google but google wont read this so we should concentrate on work-arounds. and lets face it, we're geeks, we enjoy problem solving :)

And being able to say "suck it XXXXXX" :D

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
dat too :)
it so cool bein a geek with an active *** life eh :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
pity theres no fist-on-fist or man-hug smiley lol

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
im a geek, imo its a good thing and id consider 80% of this forum fellow phone geeks :)
i agree with everything you say but although its text on a screen, vibes can be picked up via it and although txt-vibe can be totally misread, i believe i read yours correctly as being negative.
still luv ya tho :beer:

p.s, is there a recognised "place" to voice suggestions, bugs, form petitions etc that will actualy be absorbed by google?
or same thing for samsung for thdt matter?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Possibly, but...

How so? He now knows he needs to root his new device if he wants to back it all up. That's worth pointing out to a new user, isn't it. New folks could assume the things in "Backup and Reset" do far more than they actually do. I know I was surprised when I swapped out devices how much wasn't restored, and that there wasn't a better mechanism for this.

And there was certainly some level of confusion about what was possible with tracking apps on unrooted devices. Surely it can't be a bad thing to clear this up.

Google may not read it, but others will. And if it occurs to them that this is something that they want, they'll tell others. And those other's will tell others, and... well, you get the idea. Even the monolithic Apple has made design (and even policy) changes based on user feedback originating in user forums such as this.

Workarounds are great, but I am hesitant to tell the average iPhone switcher to root his new device. My initial response to the OP was to agree with him that there are things that the "other" OS does better, and went on to point out some other things I felt were important, that he might not be aware of. Then some confusion ensued over one of those and we got a little sidetracked, but it was all useful info, wasn't it?

I don't think you need to be a geek to like Android, nor a sheep or sucker to like iOS. They both get a lot of things right. I think Android has more potential as my opinion about what Apple gets the most wrong is more about policy than technology. What Android gets wrong can be easily fixed by the dev team, so long as they are aware about how much we want it.

I agree. I also think Google is reading this. Why wouldn't they be? Talk about live customer feedback. I bet they have 10 full time employees reading forums non stop. They love their phones just like us. I bet they have software and spreadsheets calculating the viability of adding new features to their next devices. Many of which come from our comments.

I saw a YouTube video a while ago called 10 things I hate about Android. One of the things was how when you were surfing the play store and hit back you went to the top of the list and not back to where you were. Well Google just fixed this. Did they see that guys video? Maybe, maybe not. But I would be surprised if they are not regularly viewing videos that say what people hate. Especially when it's coming from fans of their products and may be available on iOS.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Didn't notice this, but am grateful for the fix as it was a bit of a nagging thorn in my side. Also like that they just recently allow you to remove titles from your "All" list. That was talked about a lot online too.

Ya. That was also on that list.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Didn't notice this, but am grateful for the fix as it was a bit of a nagging thorn in my side. Also like that they just recently allow you to remove titles from your "All" list. That was talked about a lot online too.

what do you mean by that please mate? :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
or have i just got total wrong end of stick lol?
i swear i have 130 i/q lol....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs