Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Default Re: Just switched from iPhone need help

dat too
    it so cool bein a geek with an active *** life eh

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
    Thanked by:
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    dat too
    it so cool bein a geek with an active *** life eh

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Hellz yeah

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

pity theres no fist-on-fist or man-hug smiley lol

GT-I9300, UK
    badbrad17 likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

im a geek, imo its a good thing and id consider 80% of this forum fellow phone geeks
    i agree with everything you say but although its text on a screen, vibes can be picked up via it and although txt-vibe can be totally misread, i believe i read yours correctly as being negative.
    still luv ya tho :beer:

p.s, is there a recognised "place" to voice suggestions, bugs, form petitions etc that will actualy be absorbed by google?
    or same thing for samsung for thdt matter?

GT-I9300, UK

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera View Post
    Possibly, but...

How so? He now knows he needs to root his new device if he wants to back it all up. That's worth pointing out to a new user, isn't it. New folks could assume the things in "Backup and Reset" do far more than they actually do. I know I was surprised when I swapped out devices how much wasn't restored, and that there wasn't a better mechanism for this.

And there was certainly some level of confusion about what was possible with tracking apps on unrooted devices. Surely it can't be a bad thing to clear this up.

Google may not read it, but others will. And if it occurs to them that this is something that they want, they'll tell others. And those other's will tell others, and... well, you get the idea. Even the monolithic Apple has made design (and even policy) changes based on user feedback originating in user forums such as this.

Workarounds are great, but I am hesitant to tell the average iPhone switcher to root his new device. My initial response to the OP was to agree with him that there are things that the "other" OS does better, and went on to point out some other things I felt were important, that he might not be aware of. Then some confusion ensued over one of those and we got a little sidetracked, but it was all useful info, wasn't it?

I don't think you need to be a geek to like Android, nor a sheep or sucker to like iOS. They both get a lot of things right. I think Android has more potential as my opinion about what Apple gets the most wrong is more about policy than technology. What Android gets wrong can be easily fixed by the dev team, so long as they are aware about how much we want it.
    I agree. I also think Google is reading this. Why wouldn't they be? Talk about live customer feedback. I bet they have 10 full time employees reading forums non stop. They love their phones just like us. I bet they have software and spreadsheets calculating the viability of adding new features to their next devices. Many of which come from our comments.

I saw a YouTube video a while ago called 10 things I hate about Android. One of the things was how when you were surfing the play store and hit back you went to the top of the list and not back to where you were. Well Google just fixed this. Did they see that guys video? Maybe, maybe not. But I would be surprised if they are not regularly viewing videos that say what people hate. Especially when it's coming from fans of their products and may be available on iOS.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by 2:
    unlmtdRW likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Didn't notice this, but am grateful for the fix as it was a bit of a nagging thorn in my side. Also like that they just recently allow you to remove titles from your "All" list. That was talked about a lot online too.
    Ya. That was also on that list.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I don't suppose lack of integrated encrypted back up to computer was on it. )c:
    Lol. Unfortunately not.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Didn't notice this, but am grateful for the fix as it was a bit of a nagging thorn in my side. Also like that they just recently allow you to remove titles from your "All" list. That was talked about a lot online too.
    what do you mean by that please mate?

GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

The Play Store app now lets you delete apps from your "All" list via a small delete symbol on the right...

http://solutionsetcetera.com/stuff/deleteplay.jpeg
    right so it doesnt uninstall the app, just hides from list.
    i have some apps that want updated but im not gona so can i hide them from the list

GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

or have i just got total wrong end of stick lol?
    i swear i have 130 i/q lol....

GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

The app already has to have been uninstalled for this option to display. It is designed to remove apps in your "All" list that you have no intention of ever installing again.
    thanks mate. yeah i just went on and realised that lol. ive d/loaded a scary amount of apps in my time lol

GT-I9300, UK
    badbrad17 likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123