Just switched from iPhone need help

rteichman

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I think I got most things covered, however there is one item I can't seem to find an answer to. How do I get pictures from iPhoto to the S3. I can export them a group at a time, but I would love something where I could select a whole bunch (I have them all arranged in albums) to export and eventually sync. I hope I don't need to go via the "cloud" since my total library is 65GB and I only want to select a portion at any given time.

Thanks

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I would assume dragging/dropping the images to you're external SD card would work. Honestly, using a cloud like Google Drive would be a lot easier.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
You would think one of us would sticky a thread like this by now huh? Someone should really try and make an user guide for ex iphone users if they have the time because we literally get this same topic atleast 4 times a week

I wld do it.. But I'm too lazy, lol

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I think I got most things covered, however there is one item I can't seem to find an answer to. How do I get pictures from iPhoto to the S3. I can export them a group at a time, but I would love something where I could select a whole bunch (I have them all arranged in albums) to export and eventually sync. I hope I don't need to go via the "cloud" since my total library is 65GB and I only want to select a portion at any given time.

Thanks

I would try doing it via pc and copying images between both devices, probably the fastest solution

-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You would think one of us would sticky a thread like this by now huh? Someone should really try and make an user guide for ex iphone users if they have the time because we literally get this same topic atleast 4 times a week

-S. T. C

oh man you honestly wrote EXACTLY what i was thinking.. especialy the "im too lazy" part :)
it would be very useful given the amount of converts

back on topic, would it be any easier usin an sd card+reader?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
be warned... Kies is a pr*ck of a programme!

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
There is another program with 2 way sync that's works well. Syncmate will do what you want it to do. It will also sync iTunes music. It is not a free app though. You need to install it on your Mac, then connect via USB or through wifi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
No recommendation for drop box yet you guys? Shame on y'all lol.

That but it probably would be easiest to plug phone in computer as usb. Copy iphotos over to galaxy s3

rteichman

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but my issue is not getting the pictures on to the S3, it's finding a convenient way to get them out of iPhoto :) I have already got some test pictures on, but I'll look into the Syncmate.

On a side note to any other converts, and please don't flame me. Do you get the impression that the iOS and the Apps are a bit more polished on the iPhone? It's small things like visual voice mail integration and number of messages displayed. Even the facebook app seems "cleaner". I'm just starting and there is a lot I like, maybe I'm just too used to the iPhone after so many years.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol ive never had an apple phone but think its kinda common knowledge that the apps are more polished (maybe thats where the money is?) but i think android will get there and u get a lot of quality free stuff.
facebook for android is a disgrace btw lol, i prefer to use m.facebook.com on the browser.
they really need to build a new app from the ground up instead of persisting with that piece of crap lol :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

-S. T. C

LOL. I was browsing AC and saw this. I was like.... Heeeeeey Lookie here.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/137252-apple-users-guide-android.html

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
lol ive never had an apple phone but think its kinda common knowledge that the apps are more polished (maybe thats where the money is?) but i think android will get there and u get a lot of quality free stuff.
facebook for android is a disgrace btw lol, i prefer to use m.facebook.com on the browser.
they really need to build a new app from the ground up instead of persisting with that piece of crap lol :)

I agree 100%. On a the tablet it is completely useless even in the browser it's lame. I heard they are working on a new one.

rteichman

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
LOL. I was browsing AC and saw this. I was like.... Heeeeeey Lookie here.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/137252-apple-users-guide-android.html

I looked there. My question I guess was not well stated and maybe I should check on an Apple forum. However I figured there were enough switchers to ask here. My question is not so much how to get pictures onto the phone, I know that. Its how to get pictures OUT of iPhoto in groups. I saw one recommendation about putting my iPhoto library on dropbox (which I have along with google drive and the MS one). My question, before I spent the money to upgrade dropbox to hold all that, is will the phone be able to access the iPhoto library. It's really a database with a long list of unintelligible files.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I looked there. My question I guess was not well stated and maybe I should check on an Apple forum. However I figured there were enough switchers to ask here. My question is not so much how to get pictures onto the phone, I know that. Its how to get pictures OUT of iPhoto in groups. I saw one recommendation about putting my iPhoto library on dropbox (which I have along with google drive and the MS one). My question, before I spent the money to upgrade dropbox to hold all that, is will the phone be able to access the iPhoto library. It's really a database with a long list of unintelligible files.

I have never used iPhoto, but you may want to consider making your own cloud server. I follow this guys youtube channel and loved this idea. I think it would be very affordable and give you infinite options.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopyTVucD-I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

-S. T. C

Perhaps an "Ex iOS user FAQ" haha

douglaswilson

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I just switched as well and am wondering if there is an easy way to move an email to google drive from the phone? Please? Anyone? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I just switched as well and am wondering if there is an easy way to move an email to google drive from the phone? Please? Anyone? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm using Aqua mail and you can do this in this app. Open the mail message. Click menu select copy/share when menu opens select Google drive.

douglaswilson

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Any suggestions on something to make my galaxy s3 sync to Facebook like my iPhone did? It pulled in pictures and information even if I wasn't friends with them- they were just in my phone book. I miss that feature on the iPhone. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Any suggestions on something to make my galaxy s3 sync to Facebook like my iPhone did? It pulled in pictures and information even if I wasn't friends with them- they were just in my phone book. I miss that feature on the iPhone. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm not sure what you mean. You want to have people you don't know automatically sync with your contacts?