Can't connect to Wifi

emathed

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble connecting to my wifi here at home. I put in the right password, yet it won't connect. Any idea what may be wrong?? It keeps telling me wrong password.:mad:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351522312060.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351522312060.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 19
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351522320614.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351522320614.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 18

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you have the case right and Show Password to make sure. You might try changing your router password to something simple and test that with your phone.

emathed

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I restarted my router and once it came back online, my phone instantly connected.

emathed

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Me too! :p I was beginning to think this phone was nothing but trouble LOL :D I'm glad it wasnt the phone. :)

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I restarted my router and once it came back online, my phone instantly connected.

9/10 that's the sure fire fix for most router issues lol

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Jill Siegel

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
My husband l is having the same problem with the tablet he recently bought. We have reset the router several times. He has been connect for a few seconds then is disconnected. He hasn't been able to do anything online. Any suggestions?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Jill,
The first thing to determine is whether the tablet works on WiFi at all. Have you tried it somewhere that offers free WiFi (McDonalds, Starbucks, the library, etc)?
If there's no free WiFi available, then just configure your router (temporarily) with no security and see if the tablet connects. If it doesn't then there's a problem with the tablet. If it does, the problem is simply selecting the right security type on both the router & phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

almandjoy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
this is the second time this happen I don't know what's going on with my phone but I can't connect to Wi-Fi every time I try it don't stay on :-\ I reset the router but nothing it say my phone say IP address is unavailable I don't get it please help

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
almandjoy,
Welcome to the forums!

There are a ton of similar threads - have you read through any of them?
There are also suggestions for things to try in this thread - have you tried any of that?

You haven't provided much information - what model/carrier/firmware do you have?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4