How the S3 stacks up against the Competition

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I still think the S3 is holding its own compared to the phones listed. Notably absent are the Motorola phones and the Note. One key feature missing on the chart is the removable battery. So all in all I am still happy with my S3, even though it's only been 4 months (eons in the mobile tech arena).
:D

nexus_4_vs_the_world.jpg

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
check out the optimus g and htc one x+ though lol, not to mention the note2 :)
thats tech for you lol... enjoy what you have :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I think the Samsung GS3 is even better than the Nexus 4...the only thing is that the Nexus 4 has 4.2 Jelly Bean but when that comes to Samsung its gonna be even more epic

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
man it has a great cpu and screen and SO cheap to buy.

no sd slot though (ive just been giving my opinions on that in the blogs lol)
and only 8 or 16gb (so far)
id rather have the s3!
oh and its UGLY :)

:EDITED DUE TO STUPIDITY:

ps are u a samsung fanboy smoothmate?
think this is my 1st and last samsung. theyve done a couple of things that put me off :(

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Lol. My last as well. I love the device but I'm not married to it.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol. My last as well. I love the device but I'm not married to it.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

ditto, the non universal hdmi cable, sd card fiasco, and shocking JB update delay blew it for me lol :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Go with where you feel you get the best value. there are lots of options. You could buy the S3,the N4, the Ox+ or a few others. We have so many great choices now. We are lucky. Just make sure you buy a device with consistent reviews that meet your needs and you will be happy for at least a year. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the s3 defo has a long life ahead of it especialy due to its popularity. itl probably become a cult second-hand phone and have dev' support for years to come :)

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
ditto, the non universal hdmi cable, sd card fiasco, and shocking JB update delay blew it for me lol :)

I haven't even looked into the hdmi issue yet, I pray that I don't get the sd card problem and yeah the jb has done it but it's not samsung fault. You got it before me. I switch carrier's so much that I really don't have a set device.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thats the thing though, UK carriers got JB BEFORE the unbranded pure samsung s3 lol!
and the MHL-HDMI thing, why on earth would samsung change the pin configuration so that a universal $10 cable wouldnt work? smells of apple.
my sd is fine so far but if samsung accepted responsibility, id respect them more... why have a universal sd slot if they dont recommend usin non samsung sd lol?
these things ruin customer loyalty for me.
ive always been a Sony phone fanboy :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
the s3 defo has a long life ahead of it especialy due to its popularity. itl probably become a cult second-hand phone and have dev' support for years to come :)

Yup its got lots of life left for sure. I think that within a year phones will be like desktop computers. You buy it and use it until it drops. The hardware will be irrelevant for 90 percent of the users as it will do everything we need and more for super cheap. Only super power users will want the best specs and that will only be for ego.

The Nexus 7, 10 and 4 are proving we can get top tier products for cheap. The bar has been set.

I mean where do we go after a screen resolution of 2x HD? 3840x 1200 is about as high rez as anything needs to be and we are approaching it at light speed. Once Google has the hardware race beat they will focus mostly on software. That's where the loyalty lies. Just ask any apple farmer. Lol.

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
The device surely still holds its own. Sticking with ma s3. No probs with it so far and only thing i can complain about is kies really. As far as updates go i think Samsung has done a brilliant job recently with updates. Faster than any other oem to date with JB.

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Kinda surprised how many phones don't have external storage and removable battery...
Just me, but that should be pretty standard.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Kinda surprised how many phones don't have external storage and removable battery...
Just me, but that should be pretty standard.

google are really against expandable storage, they want us to cloud stream media which would be fine if they gave everyone free data.
as for non-removable battery, that was really rare in the UK till very recent (other than the piephone)
maybe because the UK has always used sims so needed removable backplate?
and how can they expect us to waste power streaming media until much better battery technology is available?
ill never get a phone without sd slot until google give android users non-profit unlimited data!

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I want to see more comparisons with stuff like the Gameboy Pocket, N-Gage, toasters, or landline phones on these boards...

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I want to see more comparisons with stuff like the Gameboy Pocket, N-Gage, toasters, or landline phones on these boards...

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

..hair straightners....?
seriously mate.. everyone "knows each other on this forum so theyd rather not disguss Nexus with "stangers"
lighten up bigman... your post just bumped it :thumbup::beer:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Even with the new Nexus out, the S3 still seems like THE smartphone to get. :)

It is a cost thing for some. The N4 is basically like getting a S3 for half price off contract. This is a total bonus. The lack of sd, removable battery and no LTE will be the deciding factor. But I still think that even though a nexus device loses lots of little battles along the way, it always seems to win the war.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC