Issue with sending pictures over WiFI

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
i just got the JB update from sprint a few days ago, and been having an issue with sending pictures over wifi (mobile network disabled). i get this message on the screen, but the picture still sends. Does anyone know how to remove this message?
Thanx

nezuju2u.jpg

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
i just got the JB update from sprint a few days ago, and been having an issue with sending pictures over wifi (mobile network disabled). i get this message on the screen, but the picture still sends. Does anyone know how to remove this message?
Thanx

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/28/nezuju2u.jpg

You can't send pictures over wifi. that is why you get that message. the only reason they send is because you have to turn your data back on at some point allowing the message to be sent. Otherwise the only way to send a picture to another device would possibly be if you were both on the same wifi network and sent it that way.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
You can't send pictures over wifi. that is why you get that message. the only reason they send is because you have to turn your data back on at some point allowing the message to be sent. Otherwise the only way to send a picture to another device would possibly be if you were both on the same wifi network and sent it that way.

Are are an idiot! Google how this works before replying

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

Could you rephrase this please? I can't tell if you're calling Google or Subsound an idiot. From what I know you cant send pictures through the messages app on the Galaxy S3. I have good Wi-Fi but every time I attach a picture to a text the phone starts using data. For me in my room I get edge so it takes forever, making me have to go upstairs to access 4G.

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

okay since you think you know it all check out from SAMSUNG THEMSELVES.

"I have run a check on the database for you and I am sorry to inform you that, the phone is designed in such a way that there is no option to send MMS messages using WiFi network as it can be done only through AT&T network."

You can, in fact, only send SMS/MMS over the carrier network. However, it will still work with Wifi on. "Seems like Samsung is telling you that you can't do it over wifi (which is technically true) and not telling you the whole story."

this is already another thread i am copying and pasting from.
Normally, as long as you have mobile data on, if you send an SMS/MMS with wifi on, your phone will temporarily utilize the mobile network to send the message, then switch back to Wifi. It works fine on my AT&T GS3 and this is how it has always worked, to my knowledge.

"The Samsung phone is only designed in such a way that there is no option to send MMS messages using WiFi network as it can be done only through carrier network."

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
okay since you think you know it all check out from SAMSUNG THEMSELVES.

"I have run a check on the database for you and I am sorry to inform you that, the phone is designed in such a way that there is no option to send MMS messages using WiFi network as it can be done only through AT&T network."

You can, in fact, only send SMS/MMS over the carrier network. However, it will still work with Wifi on. "Seems like Samsung is telling you that you can't do it over wifi (which is technically true) and not telling you the whole story."

this is already another thread i am copying and pasting from.
Normally, as long as you have mobile data on, if you send an SMS/MMS with wifi on, your phone will temporarily utilize the mobile network to send the message, then switch back to Wifi. It works fine on my AT&T GS3 and this is how it has always worked, to my knowledge.

"The Samsung phone is only designed in such a way that there is no option to send MMS messages using WiFi network as it can be done only through carrier network."

If I can't do it, then why does the picture goes through and arrives on my other phone without turning on mobile data?

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
If I can't do it, then why does the picture goes through and arrives on my other phone without turning on mobile data?

Because like i said you are sending over the same network. you wouldnt be able to do it to say another person not on your network. Hence the way file sharing can be done over a computer and a smart phone without a cord.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12