Finally moving on from Blackberry - to the Galaxy S3

ConnorD

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi, it's been a long time coming but I'm finally jumping ship and joining all you android users, more specifically the Galaxy s3 32gb! I get the phone tomorrow and cannot wait. I've resisted the urge to go down the iPhone route, which a lot of my mates have done. The leap from my old curve is going to be huge and I think i'll finally feel like I have a smartphone haha

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Gratz. I did the same thing as you are when I got rid of my Torch 9800 and got my Evo 3D. I've never looked back, or sideways to the iPhone. :p

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome! There is a lot that the GS3 can do, so feel free to ask questions and search the forums for your curiosities. There are a few getting started guides that you should also read that may help you get acquainted.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
+1 youre in the perfect forum for someone new to android, theres (nearly) no patronising egotistical fcukwitts here.
a lot of the forum are new to android so theres no such thing as a stupid question :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
check out the homescreen thread in "stickies" for the customisation thats possible OP if you have an artistic side and want a unique phone :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Celebrate by recording a video of you blowing up your blackberry with your galaxy s3.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

beanctr10

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I. Moved on as well got really tired of the wait and after my wife changed from her iPhone to a SGIII and saw how much she loved it I decided to give it a shot. I do miss my track pad and keyboard but I know there are ways to customize my phone. I do love the large display and the speed is unbelievable. Blows my 9800 out of the water.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin touchpad using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Celebrate by recording a video of you blowing up your blackberry with your galaxy s3.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

microwave :)

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I sold my Bold 9900 and got a S3 few months ago. I am so happy with this phone and looking forward to install JB.

Phantomlynx

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I did too; had a 9900, and loved it, but the S3 is much more versatile and using the net is far better. It has taken a couple of weeks to customise it to my taste. I recommend:-
  • Get a gmail a/c and sync contacts and diary from BB
  • Download Profiles (you'll need something like this)
  • I use Astrid For tasks
  • I use aCalendar
  • Use folders for your home screen essential apps
  • And then play... It's the only way to learn

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I think you'll find a lot of Crackberry lurkers here. Blackberry was a good platform in a lot of ways and there are still things I miss, but we're all smart enough to know there are 13 ways to do most anything. Welcome to the dark side, muahhh ha ha.

Mal Payne

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Just did the same thing. After using a Blackberry for 7 years, I moved on to a much better and usable technology. I hate typing on the S3, but all the things I love about it far outweighs the typing. For instance, being able to actually browse the internet for the first time is a great plus!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Before nuking your BB, or anything else, wait and make sure Android is for you. Not all BB users seem able to make the adjustment to the very different way Android does things. If you decide you prefer BB, that's fine, no one will criticize you for it. Unless, of course, you decide to be one of those who comes back here to tell us everything that's wrong with our phone.

Good luck, and enjoy.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I transitioned from a BB 9810 in June 2012 and have never looked backed. This is not to say that I won't take a look at BB 10. If it doesn't contain any major game changing features, then I will probably stay with the GS4 when it is released later this year.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Gloglo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Me too. Walked away from my bb in July and love s3. Android is amazing platform
. Only thing I hate is this typing. Swift key app helps. I man I love those bb. Keys...... Oh well.. I use voice opt a lot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes