Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Can I use my Verizon GS3 on T-Mobile ????

I have a us cellular gs3 can my phone be used on the tmobile service

Yes you can use Verizon S3 on Tmobile network. I unlocked it and I even can use data (but the data is slow compare to the Original S3 from Tmobile).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Long Le View Post
    Yes you can use Verizon S3 on Tmobile network. I unlocked it and I even can use data (but the data is slow compare to the Original S3 from Tmobile).
    Good to know, and thanks for posting that info,,, but sadly late for me,,, as the OP of this thread I got told I could not use my Black Verizion S3 (which I loved) so based on the earlier postings on my thread here I got rid of much loved black S3,,,, my thanks to all that told me it could not be used.

Cheers
    Davyo

I have a htc droid incredible from verizon that is a dual gsm/cdma phone. The gsm was for only international sim cards and it was flashed to tmobile. With all the hassles i had to do to get this phone to work on tmobiles network its better you just buy a tmobile phone.

{pros} the phone work only for calls
    {cons} the phone could not send or received texts
    could not go online
    basically it was just a regular phone that work only for incoming & outgoing calls!

Do yourself a favor sale your gs3 then go to tmobile! Its not worth the hassels to flash it!

Yes you can. I'm using mine on T-Mobile right now. The Verizon galaxy is a global phone. Look it up on youtube .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can I use my Verizon GS3 on T-Mobile ????-screenshot_2013-06-24-23-22-12.png  

Has did you unlock it?

I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 for verizon. I want to unlock it so I can use it on t mobile for everything data talk text and picture messaging. Anyone know how I can make this happen?

Has anyone been able to unlock and use their Verizon SG3 on with TM Sim utilizing the CDMA Freq. ? Enabling 4G or LTE?

T-Mobile is GSM. It will not work on CDMA.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

The Verizon GS3 can be used on T-Mobile. The phone includes support for GSM frequencies and I've used my T-Mobile SIM with my GS3.

You don't need to do anything special to get voice and SMS working. Just put a T-Mobile SIM card in the phone and you're good to go. To get data and MMS, you have to add a new APN entry that includes the settings for T-Mobile's network. While it works, it's not the greatest experience, as you're limited to Edge speeds for data.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

verizon gs3 comes unlocked, so can use it with any gsm sim for call & sms, adding apn needed device to be rooted.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by w0ng View Post
    verizon gs3 comes unlocked, so can use it with any gsm sim for call & sms, adding apn needed device to be rooted.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The latest Verizon update allows you to add APNs without root. In prior versions of the firmware, Verizon locked access to the APN menu so root was required to add a new APN.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    pcu

i have a samsung galaxy s3 from verizon . you can if you unlock your phone but the unlcok only works on jelltbean 4.1.1 you would ahve to downgrade using odin and then follow the unlock .

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Really? For calls? To the best of my knowledge the Verizon GS3 doesn't have a GSM radio. Verizon doesn't list it as a world phone, either.
    As a matter of fact, Verizon does label the Galaxy S3 as a Global Ready phone. It says so right on the Samsung Lineup with the Globe logo as well as in the specs on the product page.
    Network
    LTE, CDMA/PCS/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz)
    Global: GPRS/EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900); HSPA/UMTS (2100)

Quote Originally Posted by Debi Martocci View Post
    As a matter of fact, Verizon does label the Galaxy S3 as a Global Ready phone. It says so right on the Samsung Lineup with the Globe logo as well as in the specs on the product page.
    Network
    LTE, CDMA/PCS/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz)
    Global: GPRS/EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900); HSPA/UMTS (2100)
    You realize you responded to a post from 11 months ago? At the time I wrote it, Verizon's web site was incomplete, and didn't list those specs.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Verizon is making several phones global compatible. It is more common than you think I am actually currently using a Verizon HTC Rezound on T-Mobile. It takes a bit of work with APN's etc but it is possible. The Verizon Galaxy S3 is one of these global phones (Verizon Samsung SCH-i535 Galaxy S3 Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net) if anyone ever wonders if a phone has the dual band technology you can just check pdadb.net (very reliable from my experience so far).
    Sources: My bro works for Verizon and pdadb.net

Cellular Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS2100 (B1)
    Cellular Data Links: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+

I can change my apn and phone is rooted do I have to buy the apps to make it work?

How did you unlock it ?
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,390 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by blu422 View Post
    Verizon is making several phones global compatible. It is more common than you think I am actually currently using a Verizon HTC Rezound on T-Mobile. It takes a bit of work with APN's etc but it is possible. The Verizon Galaxy S3 is one of these global phones (Verizon Samsung SCH-i535 Galaxy S3 Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net) if anyone ever wonders if a phone has the dual band technology you can just check pdadb.net (very reliable from my experience so far).
    Sources: My bro works for Verizon and pdadb.net

Cellular Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS2100 (B1)
    Cellular Data Links: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+
    Global means it supports global voice and edge data bands. Verizon's S3 is not a global 3G device. You need a pentaband radio for that. Also, the specs you list are obviously missing a band you need for 3G on T-Mobile. ..

T Mobile is 1700/1900/2100 for 3G. Some areas are reformed but that is very limited in coverage. .

AT&T uses 850 and 1900 for 3G, which this phone does support. Typically unless a phone was designed with T-Mobile in mind, expect edge or at best severely limited 3G and no LTE. AT&T uses more common bands (same as Rogers in Canada, for example) so their network is a safer "migration" IRT data compatibility.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12