02-16-2017 08:05 AM
46 12
tools
    I have a us cellular gs3 can my phone be used on the tmobile service
    02-17-2013 08:40 PM
    Yes you can use Verizon S3 on Tmobile network. I unlocked it and I even can use data (but the data is slow compare to the Original S3 from Tmobile).
    02-23-2013 03:49 PM
    Yes you can use Verizon S3 on Tmobile network. I unlocked it and I even can use data (but the data is slow compare to the Original S3 from Tmobile).
    Good to know, and thanks for posting that info,,, but sadly late for me,,, as the OP of this thread I got told I could not use my Black Verizion S3 (which I loved) so based on the earlier postings on my thread here I got rid of much loved black S3,,,, my thanks to all that told me it could not be used.

Cheers
    Davyo
    02-23-2013 08:40 PM
    I have a htc droid incredible from verizon that is a dual gsm/cdma phone. The gsm was for only international sim cards and it was flashed to tmobile. With all the hassles i had to do to get this phone to work on tmobiles network its better you just buy a tmobile phone.

{pros} the phone work only for calls
    {cons} the phone could not send or received texts
    could not go online
    basically it was just a regular phone that work only for incoming & outgoing calls!

Do yourself a favor sale your gs3 then go to tmobile! Its not worth the hassels to flash it!
    04-28-2013 10:02 PM
    Yes you can. I'm using mine on T-Mobile right now. The Verizon galaxy is a global phone. Look it up on youtube .
    Attached Thumbnails Can I use my Verizon GS3 on T-Mobile ????-screenshot_2013-06-24-23-22-12.png  
    06-25-2013 12:24 AM
    Has did you unlock it?
    06-25-2013 12:26 AM
    I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 for verizon. I want to unlock it so I can use it on t mobile for everything data talk text and picture messaging. Anyone know how I can make this happen?
    06-25-2013 12:51 AM
    Has anyone been able to unlock and use their Verizon SG3 on with TM Sim utilizing the CDMA Freq. ? Enabling 4G or LTE?
    07-20-2013 11:19 AM
    T-Mobile is GSM. It will not work on CDMA.
    07-20-2013 10:01 PM
    The Verizon GS3 can be used on T-Mobile. The phone includes support for GSM frequencies and I've used my T-Mobile SIM with my GS3.

You don't need to do anything special to get voice and SMS working. Just put a T-Mobile SIM card in the phone and you're good to go. To get data and MMS, you have to add a new APN entry that includes the settings for T-Mobile's network. While it works, it's not the greatest experience, as you're limited to Edge speeds for data.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    07-20-2013 11:17 PM
    verizon gs3 comes unlocked, so can use it with any gsm sim for call & sms, adding apn needed device to be rooted.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-20-2013 11:28 PM
    verizon gs3 comes unlocked, so can use it with any gsm sim for call & sms, adding apn needed device to be rooted.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The latest Verizon update allows you to add APNs without root. In prior versions of the firmware, Verizon locked access to the APN menu so root was required to add a new APN.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    07-20-2013 11:35 PM
    i have a samsung galaxy s3 from verizon . you can if you unlock your phone but the unlcok only works on jelltbean 4.1.1 you would ahve to downgrade using odin and then follow the unlock .
    08-28-2013 10:37 PM
    Really? For calls? To the best of my knowledge the Verizon GS3 doesn't have a GSM radio. Verizon doesn't list it as a world phone, either.
    As a matter of fact, Verizon does label the Galaxy S3 as a Global Ready phone. It says so right on the Samsung Lineup with the Globe logo as well as in the specs on the product page.
    Network
    LTE, CDMA/PCS/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz)
    Global: GPRS/EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900); HSPA/UMTS (2100)
    11-05-2013 12:30 AM
    As a matter of fact, Verizon does label the Galaxy S3 as a Global Ready phone. It says so right on the Samsung Lineup with the Globe logo as well as in the specs on the product page.
    Network
    LTE, CDMA/PCS/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz)
    Global: GPRS/EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900); HSPA/UMTS (2100)
    You realize you responded to a post from 11 months ago? At the time I wrote it, Verizon's web site was incomplete, and didn't list those specs.
    11-05-2013 09:10 PM
    Verizon is making several phones global compatible. It is more common than you think I am actually currently using a Verizon HTC Rezound on T-Mobile. It takes a bit of work with APN's etc but it is possible. The Verizon Galaxy S3 is one of these global phones (Verizon Samsung SCH-i535 Galaxy S3 Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net) if anyone ever wonders if a phone has the dual band technology you can just check pdadb.net (very reliable from my experience so far).
    Sources: My bro works for Verizon and pdadb.net

Cellular Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS2100 (B1)
    Cellular Data Links: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+
    12-24-2013 12:12 PM
    I can change my apn and phone is rooted do I have to buy the apps to make it work?
    12-24-2013 09:04 PM
    How did you unlock it ?
    12-26-2013 12:18 AM
    Verizon is making several phones global compatible. It is more common than you think I am actually currently using a Verizon HTC Rezound on T-Mobile. It takes a bit of work with APN's etc but it is possible. The Verizon Galaxy S3 is one of these global phones (Verizon Samsung SCH-i535 Galaxy S3 Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net) if anyone ever wonders if a phone has the dual band technology you can just check pdadb.net (very reliable from my experience so far).
    Sources: My bro works for Verizon and pdadb.net

Cellular Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS2100 (B1)
    Cellular Data Links: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+
    Global means it supports global voice and edge data bands. Verizon's S3 is not a global 3G device. You need a pentaband radio for that. Also, the specs you list are obviously missing a band you need for 3G on T-Mobile. ..

T Mobile is 1700/1900/2100 for 3G. Some areas are reformed but that is very limited in coverage. .

AT&T uses 850 and 1900 for 3G, which this phone does support. Typically unless a phone was designed with T-Mobile in mind, expect edge or at best severely limited 3G and no LTE. AT&T uses more common bands (same as Rogers in Canada, for example) so their network is a safer "migration" IRT data compatibility.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    12-26-2013 01:04 AM
    You sure can. Buy the tmobile kit from any store for 30 bucks and a refill card. Get your verizon phone put the tmobile sim in with adapter and change the settings from global or cdma to gsm in the network settings. You also need to change the apn settings from fast.tmobile to epc.tmobile.com. that setting will give you immediate data. You will be able to make calls. Change the apn settings to internet+ mms to get texting. So youll get talk txt n internet on a verizon contract phone over a tmobile prepaid network. Its good to restart ur phone so everything aligns nicely. Test it out with ur friends n family and you can log in and pay ur bill while never switching phones n enjoying the benefits of your verizon phone. I tried it on gs3, gs4 and gs5 and it works.
    07-25-2015 05:15 PM
    You sure can. Buy the tmobile kit from any store for 30 bucks and a refill card. Get your verizon phone put the tmobile sim in with adapter and change the settings from global or cdma to gsm in the network settings. You also need to change the apn settings from fast.tmobile to epc.tmobile.com. that setting will give you immediate data. You will be able to make calls. Change the apn settings to internet+ mms to get texting. So youll get talk txt n internet on a verizon contract phone over a tmobile prepaid network. Its good to restart ur phone so everything aligns nicely. Test it out with ur friends n family and you can log in and pay ur bill while never switching phones n enjoying the benefits of your verizon phone. I tried it on gs3, gs4 and gs5 and it works.
    Insert tmo sim = calls & text (sms)
    No data
    No MMS

Cant change/add/modify APN bc NONE exist in the 2012 white vzw gs3. NONE. Vzw did that intentionally bc thats how they are. Overpriced + they don't want u taking their precious phones where u can get svc for 1/2 of what they charge. They wont help u. They say call Samsung. Tmo says call vzw. Samsung says its all vzw's doing and it is but they'll nvr admit it & just play dumb. Root to get data & MMS on the vzw gs3. Im on tmo. Still using my vzw gs3. Talk & txt work fine. Web too so long as I've got a wifi conn. Pain asking anyone who sends MMS "plz send to my email" they never do ha! I wish I had the balls to root my phone et al but I didnt come equipped w/a set.

I know this is an OLD thread. As u can see I still yearn for a quick & ez solution.
    02-16-2017 08:05 AM
46 12