Debate:What is the point of voice to text or any voice commands on a phone?

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually like the voice to text. I text my wife a lot and it gets frustrating always testing here back and forth. Just hit the mic button and viola. Recognition isn't always good but it's a simple fix for me. Better than typing the whole thing out.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I actually like the voice to text. I text my wife a lot and it gets frustrating always testing here back and forth. Just hit the mic button and viola. Recognition isn't always good but it's a simple fix for me. Better than typing the whole thing out.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

I like the voice to text if I'm at a stop light..... but I don't do that often. I usually talk with speakerphone.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I like the voice to text if I'm at a stop light..... but I don't do that often. I usually talk with speakerphone.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

I can understand but I hate speaking on the phone

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I can dictate sms or email messages with near 100% accuracy. Very convienent if I am in the car. The more I use Google Now, the more I like it. It's great to just ask it a question instead of searching the web. It comes back with the answer faster than it would take to open up a browser, type in the question, and click on the link to figure out an answer.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I can understand but I hate speaking on the phone

oh mate i f***n hate speakin on phone even with family, best m8s, fiance.... its like every bit of quietness stabs u in the nuts lol.
my ?15 pre-pay package is unlimited hspa+ data, 3000 txts, 300 mins and i usualy end up with like 250mins left lol, and thats just from ringin taxis :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
oh mate i f***n hate speakin on phone even with family, best m8s, fiance.... its like every bit of quietness stabs u in the nuts lol.
my ?15 pre-pay package is unlimited hspa+ data, 3000 txts, 300 mins and i usualy end up with like 250mins left lol, and thats just from ringin taxis :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks