Samsung Account Sync Issue

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My "Samsung account" has been showing a Sync error for a while now.

At the bottom of the screen (and when the individual items try to sync, I get a refresh + red exclamation icon and it says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." But the shortly has been almost a week now.

Is anyone else seeing this? Anybody know how to fix it? BTW, Sprint GSIII on Jelly Bean.

Thanks!

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep I have had this issue a few times. First try and remove account then try it again and if that don't work then you'll have to factory reset. I know I know a pain in the a** just to get that to work but that's what I did and it worked.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yep I have had this issue a few times. First try and remove account then try it again and if that don't work then you'll have to factory reset. I know I know a pain in the a** just to get that to work but that's what I did and it worked.

Grrrr... When I go remove the account, it tells me that it will wipe the data from my device. This is not good. I refuse to "reinstall Windows" to fix a problem with a tiny part of an application. This seems like a Samsung problem to me for sure. I'm going to post in their support forum as well and if I get anywhere post back here. This is clearly related to the Jelly Bean update, as the last sync date/time is from before my phone updated.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
try just adding a new account... thats what i had to do with my google account when i stupidly changed the password lol :)
EDIT just realised you cant do that with samsung account, on JB anyway :(

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

inspector1134

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I too can not get sync to work. It is particularly an nuance on my samsung account but the other day I lost it on my gmail account. I called Samsung to see if the problem could be resolved, low and behold the smart tech told me I had to do a hard reset (loose everything in the phone) to get it to work. I checked the drop down line on the top of the screen and noticed that my sync button had been turned off.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
It's a Samsung problem. After spending hours on the phone with them, which included changing the email address I was using & changing the password, I've given up. Not even a factory reset worked. Now I use apps that can be synced/backed up reliably to Dropbox, Google or other services, e.g., Papyrus (accepts handwriting) & Evernote instead of S-Memo, Tasks Free for my To-do app, Call Logs Backup & Restore, SMS Backup & Restore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Brady Cove

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
My provider had me reset - setting/connections/More Networks/Mobile Networks/Access Point Names/reset to default!

For now this has fixed my problem!

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

It worked just by removing the account and signing in again! Thank you so much!

Balraj Singh4

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
My "Samsung account" has been showing a Sync error for a while now.

At the bottom of the screen (and when the individual items try to sync, I get a refresh + red exclamation icon and it says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." But the shortly has been almost a week now.

Is anyone else seeing this? Anybody know how to fix it? BTW, Sprint GSIII on Jelly Bean.

Thanks!

I He show me you couldn't siGn in

jaymcdaniel83

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
This may be a bit late,

But I was having this issue on my Galaxy S5 running Android 6.0.1 and I found a solution to the problem and was able to finally resync all my Samsung Account data.

I had disabled a number of apps on my phone to help speed it up and stop a number of background processes to save battery. Once I re-enabled all the disabled applications it started to work again. So I must have inadvertently disabled the service that allows syncing Samsung data. In order to make sure that this isn't your issue follow this:

Settings -> Applications -> Top Right Options (3 Dots) -> Reset app preferences

This will re-enable all applications to their default settings and activate any Samsung specific app that would allow for syncs.

Hope this helps! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz