Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Message Vibration?

Hi, does the SIII have the ability to vibrate when I receive a text in vibration mode? I assume it does, it even asks in the settings for a vibration setting, yet when my phone is on vibrate it doesn't actually vibrate when I get a text. Vibration "volume" is all the way up. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Default Re: Message Vibration?

Are you using the stock Messaging app? Sounds like you've already checked Menu -> Settings -> Notification settings -> Vibrate and selected Always?
    If so I'd expect that to vibrate whenever you receive an SMS/MMS.
    Have you also looked in Settings -> Sound -> Vibration intensity and made sure that Notification is turned up?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Lumos 
    Lumos likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Okay, good news is I'm just a big *****. I'd been trying to go through the main settings rather than the messaging apps settings. Thank you so much!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Lumos View Post
    Okay, good news is I'm just a big *****. I'd been trying to go through the main settings rather than the messaging apps settings. Thank you so much!
    A lil off topic, but I love ur avi, that was my fav show growing up

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
    -S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Haha thanks, me too!

New question: now how do I change the vibration? I don't like the long vibration, it makes me think I'm getting a phone call. I'd rather it be the heartbeat one, (even that's a little long for me, going 4 times) and that's what the "device vibration" is set to in the main settings, but I don't see an option in the messaging settings?

Never mind, got it!
    Last edited by Lumos; 11-03-2012 at 12:23 AM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Double never mind, even when you change the vibration it still does the long call one. Apparently this is an issue with more than one person from reading more threads, but has anyone found a way to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Are you using the stock Messaging app? Sounds like you've already checked Menu -> Settings -> Notification settings -> Vibrate and selected Always?
    If so I'd expect that to vibrate whenever you receive an SMS/MMS.
    Have you also looked in Settings -> Sound -> Vibration intensity and made sure that Notification is turned up?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't have an Always setting, just a check mark by the notifications setting. What am I missing?