Loose Buttons

mrshickadance9

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced loose power or volume buttons? I've had the phone for less than a week, and already it's taking a couple presses on the power button just to turn the phone on. Love the phone, but this is driving me crazy. Will best buy let me swap it out for a new one over something like this?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you're within your 14 day (or whatever the Best Buy return period is) they don't have an option to refuse a replacement for something like that.
I was taking my holster case off and it snapped the power button off; even though one of the little tabs was clearly broken, I put it back in and it's stayed there.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
they should absolutely return it.
if US law is same as UK, you have 14 days to return something just coz..... you dont like it.
if that fails, its under guarantee and not functioning correctly.
good luck bro :thumbup:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
^ What he said.
I'd immediately ask to speak to a manager and have him/her define their purchase and warranty return policies, in writing. If they give you any crap then tell them that you'd like to return the phone (pay the restocking fee if necessary) so that you can take your business elsewhere. Also require a written report on why they are refusing to replace a defective product so that you can escalate it to the corporate level.
Don't get pissed - just tell them upfront that this is how you'll be handling their lack of customer service. Be sure to ask if they're a member of the Better Business Bureau, so that you can also report it there.
If you know someone else that has an S3 you can compare your button functionality to theirs and maybe even go in with that comparison phone. Or just use the floor model for comparison.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

mrshickadance9

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I was told by the worker that "the floor model isn't real and they use all the best parts to use it." Bottom line, wouldn't let me return it. Going to go back tonight and be a little more forceful...

^ What he said.
I'd immediately ask to speak to a manager and have him/her define their purchase and warranty return policies, in writing. If they give you any crap then tell them that you'd like to return the phone (pay the restocking fee if necessary) so that you can take your business elsewhere. Also require a written report on why they are refusing to replace a defective product so that you can escalate it to the corporate level.
Don't get pissed - just tell them upfront that this is how you'll be handling their lack of customer service. Be sure to ask if they're a member of the Better Business Bureau, so that you can also report it there.
If you know someone else that has an S3 you can compare your button functionality to theirs and maybe even go in with that comparison phone. Or just use the floor model for comparison.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
dont take their crap mate. either yours is defective or every other s3 they have in stock are defective and yours is the only normal one lol.
be far more forceful.
ive learned that mentioning that i like to review shops and products on various sites and Google Places makes people have a change of heart.
how old is the phone?

EDIT.. if US law is same as UK then you can return a product for any reason undamaged within 14 days... if they claim that its damaged because of the loose button then theyve shot emself in the foot :)
dont get angry, be polite with your threats :)

EDIT i just repeated myself like an ass didnt i? :beer:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Scythe55

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Go to the counter and ask to see the store manager. If they ask if they can help, say yes they can get the store manager for you.

Demand that the phone be replaced or returned. If the manager balks ask loudly why they don't honor their return policy.

Basically, let those customers around you hear you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

mrshickadance9

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
All is right in the world. They gave me a new phone and it's great. I think the battery even lasts longer!

Go to the counter and ask to see the store manager. If they ask if they can help, say yes they can get the store manager for you.

Demand that the phone be replaced or returned. If the manager balks ask loudly why they don't honor their return policy.

Basically, let those customers around you hear you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
All is right in the world. They gave me a new phone and it's great. I think the battery even lasts longer!

happy for u man.
dont take any crap from huge companies.
one bad customer experience could lose them 1000 customers n they know it :)