I'm so blue over my new S3

kingnothing

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, I had a galaxy note 2 for about a week and took it back for a S3. So far I really like this phone but I was surfing the 'net this evening and noticed that on white screens there seemed to be a blue tint on the upper 1/4 of the screen and also near the bottom. I asked about 4 other people to look at the screen and tell me that I was losing my mind but they all confirmed that it looked blue. Is this the price I have to pay for this phone or should I take it back and get new one?
Thanks!

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I had a galaxy note 2 for about a week and took it back for a S3. So far I really like this phone but I was surfing the 'net this evening and noticed that on white screens there seemed to be a blue tint on the upper 1/4 of the screen and also near the bottom. I asked about 4 other people to look at the screen and tell me that I was losing my mind but they all confirmed that it looked blue. Is this the price I have to pay for this phone or should I take it back and get new one?
Thanks!

I would have kept the note

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Shooter03

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
can you get it in a screen shot? Mines perfectly clear and i definitely don't have any blue tint, id at least take it back to where you got it and get it checked out at least. if the shop notice a problem then they will definitely swap it out.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!

If u REALLY like it and wanna keep it, get a replacement. But out of curiosity, why did u take back the note 2. If u were with US cellular I would traded u, I want the note 2 n can't afford it.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I do not notice any blue on mine...mine does have a "yellowish" tint though but its not really a bother...definitely no blue though
Go look at other GS3s for yourself and see if you can confirm it...it could be the website u were on

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree with others... No blue here either. And if you are worried better take it back. It's your money and if it were me I would want to make sure I got my money worth. Even if they don't see it if you're within the two weeks you should be able to swap it out no matter what.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
When i first got the phone i noticed it had a very subtle pinkish tint in the bottom quarter of the screen when on low brightness. It was so feint that most of my friends that i asked couldn't see it. Bugged me for a while, but now i don't even notice it. But like others have said if you cant deal with it exchange it for sure.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't notice any of this tinting whatsoever. Take it to your carrier's store and compare to a display model, if you're correct than exchange it.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
aparently the older galaxys had a problem with this (or was it yellow?)
shouldnt be a problem on s3 so take it back :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

tayl428

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you take a look at your power saving settings. If on, it should be reducing your brightness output on full white screens to save battery. Mine comes out looking a little 'blue' from the greatly decreased brightness, and I just bought my S3 this week.

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
no blue here but i messed with my colors and couldnt undo it. took it to a verizon and they know where those menus are. it shouldnt be there

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
no blue here but i messed with my colors and couldnt undo it. took it to a verizon and they know where those menus are. it shouldnt be there

do u remember the menus mate? was it on jellybean?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Blue is normal-ish for AMOLED screens. Although not everyone has a bluish tint, it's still one of the flaws with AMOLEDs. Although I hear the Note 2 doesn't have such issues... Also, LCD screens suffer from no such tint, but they could sometimes be yellow.

Sent from my HTC One X

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

no offence but did u turn the colours negative mate?
cant think of any other colour setting on the american s3...

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Almost every screen including the old CRT screens have some form of odd color issues. I think it is normal to see that tint on a OLED screens. Manufactures may have reduce it over the years, but I don't think anyone out there found a way to get rid of it completely. Depending on how your brain/eye see the colors, even with advanced technologies, you may still be able to find flaws on our screen.

All the best. (Hum... your eyes happen to be blue? LOL :)

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Don't see any 'blue tint' on my 3-week old GS3, either.
Alas, I started being in need of glasses about 5-6 yrs. ago. :cool: And I suppose I should go get some one of these days . . .

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol mate i should wear glasses but cba goin to optician so ive been usin x2 reading glasses from the pound shop ($ store) for reading for the past 3yrs.
im dreading findin out thn damage its done lol.
but even with these on, with full brightness, next to a sheet of white paper, nae tintyo :)

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
nae tintyo, eh? :) Ha!
Btw, what's a 'pound shop'??? :confused: Did you get your reading glasses at a pet food store, or dog kennel, or what!? :p lol

I wonder if kingnothing got this sorted? :-| Was it just on certain websites, or is it the phones display?