Anyone going from GS3 to Nexus 4

michko

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm on At&t and have the GS3 and thinking of going to the Nexus 4.... Anyone else thinking of doing the same?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I originally thought of moving to the Note II but I realized for what it's worth it's essentially a larger S3. I then thought about grabbing a Nexus 4 for the vanilla Android experience, and because the price is right. However after much consideration, the lack of LTE, and sd card slot is not a compromise I'm willing to make.

Honestly the S3 is a powerful little device, and I love getting the question "SWEET, is that the new Samsung Galaxy S3?" lol.

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just read n4 scores pretty bad on quadrant compared to s3 and one x..
..know its just a benchmark but thats what theyre for eh..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I really considered it. I was torn between buying the new penny Hardaway, the note 2 and n4. Fortunately I could afford all of them but I decided to just go with the 32gb nexus 7. The sd card doesn't bother me as much as it does the others bc it would be a secondary device.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I really considered it. I was torn between buying the new penny Hardaway, the note 2 and n4. Fortunately I could afford all of them but I decided to just go with the 32gb nexus 7. The sd card doesn't bother me as much as it does the others bc it would be a secondary device.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

Agreed completely, not worth it for me to upgrade my phone so soon. I'd rather put some miles on my S3 first, and then consider upgrading next year to whatever is available then.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'll he moving from the S3 to the Nexus 4.

There we're quite a few things I was disappointed about the S3 and stock Android can't be beat.

And if anyone says to flash an AOSP/AOKP rom, I'd want to slap them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Agreed completely, not worth it for me to upgrade my phone so soon. I'd rather put some miles on my S3 first, and then consider upgrading next year to whatever is available then.

Exactly. Anyone who thinks an S3 isnt going to hold them up nicely until next years gagdets is sorely mistaken. My S3 isnt goinh anywhere. For anyone wondering, the nexus 4 was slightly tempting but I chose the s3 only four days ago :) ive gotten very little sleep haha.

As a music producer its paramount and completely indispensable that I have the ability to use flash memory with my phone. Music files, especially in the realm of recording serious studio-quality music, can get enormous. Ive already began relying on my s3 around my artists and as I gain confidence in its reliability, I soon expect it to be one of the only things I grab when I leave my home studio for someone else's set-up.

Battery life on the S3 will still probably trump the nexus4. I have my phone for at least the next year no doubt... if I feel up to it ill root the thing.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Android Central Forums

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I am perfectly happy with my S3. Its still very fast, stable and great looking phone in my opinion. Now I'm a fan of TW. But i can except that some people are not. To them i would suggest to use a launcher like nova. You get Jellybean like Ui while still keeping all the goodies from TW.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'll he moving from the S3 to the Nexus 4.

There we're quite a few things I was disappointed about the S3 and stock Android can't be beat.

And if anyone says to flash an AOSP/AOKP rom, I'd want to slap them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Slap away, Aosp on the s3 destroys the n4

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Install juice defender, you'll thank me later.

I have juice defender installed works like a charm :) now if I could only get it to do g he same for my girl's Lg esteem... her battery literally lasts ~4hrs or so with moderate use. We leave the house, someone sends her a video poor girl won't even open it :(

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have juice defender installed works like a charm :) now if I could only get it to do g he same for my girl's Lg esteem... her battery literally lasts ~4hrs or so with moderate use. We leave the house, someone sends her a video poor girl won't even open it :(

How much do you like her? Time for a new phone.....

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
right im gona test JD next week.
does it only realy save juice while not using the phone?
does it do anything that i cant do just by turning off wifi and data and turning on powersave?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I had it on my other juice draining phones and it helped a lot. I havent used it on the SGS3

If I remember right, it also cycles down the CPU to the lowest which saves juice. It does a few other things as well

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
How much do you like her? Time for a new phone.....

Haha well I agree, but other than the gingerbread 2.3OS that its running on and the battery life, she loves her bulky esteem lol. Its actually got a decently large LCD screen that plays videos pretty well.

I showed her a few pics of the nexus and she loved it. Problem is that we have very fast wi-fi at the house so we love just going with metro for our "4g" phones.. im only downloading at around 8mbps but for what ive heard about other ppl paying metroPCS for LTE coverage, that's lightning fast. Anyway point is we stick with metro phones so looks like its the S3 for her...

Although for $150, that new LG motion looks amazing.. 1.2ghz dual core with a small gorilla glass screen...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I had it on my other juice draining phones and it helped a lot. I havent used it on the SGS3

If I remember right, it also cycles down the CPU to the lowest which saves juice. It does a few other things as well

thing is, the cpu speed can only be changed on a rooted phone with a clockable kernel (the s3 can be underclocked by powersaving mode but its not adjustable) ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34