Anyone going from GS3 to Nexus 4

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
right im gona test JD next week.
does it only realy save juice while not using the phone?
does it do anything that i cant do just by turning off wifi and data and turning on powersave?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Nope. I installed it on my birthday since I was gonna take a bunch of pics when we went out, but my phone got unbelievably hot and was panting almost halfway through the day.

If you remember my post in chit-chat, that's the kind of battery I get now, WITHOUT JD. JD was like half of that :p

Sent from my HTC One X

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
right im gona test JD next week.
does it only realy save juice while not using the phone?
does it do anything that i cant do just by turning off wifi and data and turning on powersave?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

I installed it the other day and haven't noticed any difference on my device. I am an active toggler of all my data/wifi/gps etc. So I have never noticed any real difference in using battery savers. The only difference is when you leave everything on and this is not as effective as manually toggling what you need.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been seriously considering selling my gs3 and getting a Nexus 4...mostly because I absolutely HATE everything about Touchwiz. I am sick of spending all of my time trying to download all kinds of apps that use up all kinds of resources on my GS3 to mask, cover up, and bury Touchwiz and try to make it "feel" more like what the Nexus 4 is made to be. I shouldn't have to go "rootin and ROMin" just to have a device that sounds and functions like a phone a professional adult would carry.

I am on AT&T and live in a rural area that not only doesn't have LTE but will not be getting it anytime in the foreseeable future, so no LTE is no big deal for me at all.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
N4>s3 easily.

Dunno about that

Sd card is always > no sd card
32gb is always > 16
Motion and voice control is always > no motion control
Removable battery is always > noon removable battery
LTE is always > no lte

With that said, I'm still tempted to get it just for the updates, quad core, and i like the look.

There's no reason the galaxy s III shouldn't have shipped with a quad core and 2 gigs of RAM. Samsung told a whopper about lte not being compatible with quad core

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Dunno about that

32gb is always > 16
LTE is always > no lte

With that said, I'm still tempted to get it just for the updates, quad core, and i like the look.

There's no reason the galaxy s III shouldn't have shipped with a quad core and 2 gigs of RAM. Samsung told a whopper about lte not being compatible with quad core

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

LTE is a double edged sword but I can agree

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking of getting the N4 as a second phone. I only paid $20 for the gs3 on Rogers, which to this day I don't know how I got it for that low. So that extra money I saved will go towards the N4.

I like the gs3 a lot but the pure Google experience is great. I find that the lte really kills the battery life, and no sd card is not a deal breaker.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the lack of sd is the big no for me, i have quad core, plan to put a vanilla rom on my s3 and although i dont like how the s3 looks, the LG is ugly imo :)

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I admit Touchwiz takes some getting use to but the lack of a micro sd card and the fact that LTE, recent Jellybean upgrade has me getting quite giddy! GS3 for now rules!

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife already worked her phone magic with ATT to switch from recently purchased iPhone 4s's to two SG3's so we'll wait until next year to see what the Nexus line offers.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Dunno about that

32gb is always > 16
LTE is always > no lte

I think they held back on the quad core so that they can have it on the S4. Going too hard all the time with specs limits the impact of future devices.

This is one reason why I love the new price point of the N4. Upgrading is much more affordable and the off contract thing just makes it easier all around to upgrade. Pass the device off to the family or sell it on ebay and get the new Nexus next year with even better specs.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking of getting the N4 as a second phone. I only paid $20 for the gs3 on Rogers, which to this day I don't know how I got it for that low. So that extra money I saved will go towards the N4.

I like the gs3 a lot but the pure Google experience is great. I find that the lte really kills the battery life, and no sd card is not a deal breaker.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Rogers actually had it for $0 last month. Crazy cheap.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
To early to switch. I won't be switching from my S3 for at least two years. Ten I'll keep it until I find a good deal. No doubt I'll buy a Nexus 4 if I ever need a PMP device

I just don't understand all these comments about having to get use to different OS or skins. They all have the same capability, it's just that they are done in different ways/located in different places. Maybe it's just like that for me because for computers I've used OSX,Windows,Linux concurrently from my elementary school times.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I think they held back on the quad core so that they can have it on the S4. Going too hard all the time with specs limits the impact of future devices.

This is one reason why I love the new price point of the N4. Upgrading is much more affordable and the off contract thing just makes it easier all around to upgrade. Pass the device off to the family or sell it on ebay and get the new Nexus next year with even better specs.

s4 have a quadcore chipset now mate check out the Htc DNA

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
To early to switch. I won't be switching from my S3 for at least two years. Ten I'll keep it until I find a good deal. No doubt I'll buy a Nexus 4 if I ever need a PMP device

I just don't understand all these comments about having to get use to different OS or skins. They all have the same capability, it's just that they are done in different ways/located in different places. Maybe it's just like that for me because for computers I've used OSX,Windows,Linux concurrently from my elementary school times.

true, what can stock android actualy do that TW cant.. i feel TW adds more than it takes away... might try out a vanilla rom having said that or CM :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
s4 have a quadcore chipset now mate check out the Htc DNA

Ya I know you got it over there but I mean the LTE version.

Saw the HTC dna. That looks really nice. But I have my heart set on the N4.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Ya I know you got it over there but I mean the LTE version.

Saw the HTC dna. That looks really nice. But I have my heart set on the N4.

wasnt even talkin bout the s3 bro, thats an Exinos quad core.
just meant snapdragon have the s4 quadcore chipset on the DNA/butterfly... seems like a hotty. 5" screen seems perfect too, edge to edge display :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12