- 11-04-2012, 04:33 PM #2
Could you please give a little more info as to what you were doing with Kies when this happened? Along with which version of OS, etc. you were on so we can properly formulate a solution.
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
- 11-04-2012, 04:44 PM #5
- 11-04-2012, 05:05 PM #6Retired Ambassador
- 4,518 Posts
I have had all sorts of problems with windows 7 and the gs3 connecting when using Kies. So much so that I've quit trying to use it and just install the drivers only. Another trick I've learned on the AT&T forum is to block windows from updating the drivers. My phone and computer would connect for a day or so and then would stop. I would have to remove and reinstall the drivers to get it to work again. Then a couple days later it would stop working again.
To keep windows from updating the drivers:
-Right click on my computer and choose properties.
-advanced system settings from left side of window.
-from the hardware tab click "device installation settings"
-select "no,... Never install driver software from windows update.
Remove kies and samsung drivers.
Then install drivers from here.
- 11-05-2012, 04:43 PM #7
- 11-05-2012, 08:28 PM #8
- 11-05-2012, 08:46 PM #9
- 11-08-2012, 11:52 AM #10Retired Ambassador
- 4,518 Posts
Last edited by Skunkape60; 11-08-2012 at 10:58 PM.
- By Rene Ritchie in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 157Last Post: 06-02-2013, 03:17 PM
- By Dieter Bohn in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 14Last Post: 04-26-2013, 07:08 AM
- By Jennifer Chappell#CB in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 54Last Post: 12-14-2009, 08:59 PM
- By android007 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 03-17-2009, 04:28 PM
- By android007 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 02-06-2009, 11:15 AM