- 11-04-2012, 05:33 PM #2
- 11-04-2012, 05:44 PM #5
- 11-04-2012, 06:05 PM #6Retired Ambassador
- 4,518 Posts
I have had all sorts of problems with windows 7 and the gs3 connecting when using Kies. So much so that I've quit trying to use it and just install the drivers only. Another trick I've learned on the AT&T forum is to block windows from updating the drivers. My phone and computer would connect for a day or so and then would stop. I would have to remove and reinstall the drivers to get it to work again. Then a couple days later it would stop working again.
To keep windows from updating the drivers:
-Right click on my computer and choose properties.
-advanced system settings from left side of window.
-from the hardware tab click "device installation settings"
-select "no,... Never install driver software from windows update.
Remove kies and samsung drivers.
Then install drivers from here.
- 11-05-2012, 05:43 PM #7
- 11-05-2012, 09:28 PM #8
- 11-05-2012, 09:46 PM #9
- 11-08-2012, 12:52 PM #10Retired Ambassador
- 4,518 Posts
- By Rene Ritchie in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 157Last Post: 06-02-2013, 04:17 PM
- By Dieter Bohn in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 14Last Post: 04-26-2013, 08:08 AM
- By Jennifer Chappell#CB in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 54Last Post: 12-14-2009, 09:59 PM
- By android007 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 03-17-2009, 05:28 PM
- By android007 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 02-06-2009, 12:15 PM