Need help with Galaxy s3! just got it!

phillyfan9090

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone

I just got the Samsung Galaxy S3 today. chose it over Iphone 5

1. I keep getting notifications if i get a text message or something from twitter/facebook. How do I remove this so Twitter and Facebook is only updated if I click on the App..

2. What are tips for saving battery?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
For #1. There may be a setting to disable pop up notifications or notification bar messages for each app. I don't use Twitter or Facebook so can't help with those apps.

For #2. I use the Power saving feature, and keep GPS, Bluetooth, and WiFi off unless needed. Auto screen timeout is set to one minute. You could probably get more aggressive on the various settings. I think there are a few battery related posts in the S3 forum that have many more tips and options shared by those who have dug into battery and power optimization.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
#1 go to accounts and sync in settings and remove twitter and fb accounts.
#2 turn off screen auto brightnes and keep it low as u can ;)

p.s, no offence Dog but powersaving mode like halfs the power of the phone so no point having such a monster phone, id save that for emergencys :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Livia.

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
1. Go into the settings inside FB app and uncheck the notifications option.

2. Screen brightness as minimum as possible.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Go into the settings inside FB app and uncheck the notifications option.

2. Screen brightness as minimum as possible.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Big +. Screen is a super hog. Turn brightness all the way down when you can

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
#1 go to accounts and sync in settings and remove twitter and fb accounts.
#2 turn off screen auto brightnes and keep it low as u can ;)

p.s, no offence Dog but powersaving mode like halfs the power of the phone so no point having such a monster phone, id save that for emergencys :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

No probs Funk. :) I'm trying to see how long I can use the phone in a hobbled state and still be happy with it. Sort of a self imposed throttle governor. To me the S3 still flies. I may turn this feature off later on if the Jelly Bean update needs more horsepower. It's kind of a comforting feeling to know I have more if needed.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
No probs Funk. :) I'm trying to see how long I can use the phone in a hobbled state and still be happy with it. Sort of a self imposed throttle governor. To me the S3 still flies. I may turn this feature off later on if the Jelly Bean update needs more horsepower. It's kind of a comforting feeling to know I have more if needed.

lol i kinda know what u mean man... a street car with nitro boost when u want it? ;)

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, thats a good way to think of it. Sort of like a built-in upgrade just waiting for me...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX