Kies Air - Denied and No Devices Found

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So, I just updated to the latest Kies Air version the other day and tonight thought I'd use it to grab a few photos and copy to my MacBook Pro.
After starting Kies Air and receiving the IP address to use for my MacBook browser (could be another phone, tablet, or computer for that matter), I started typing in the IP address into a new browser tab not more than five seconds after the IP address popped up from Kies, and then received a new pop-up that masked over the prior IP address details. This new popup only gave the choice to Deny. So I clicked Denied, and now get the option to Scan for Kies Air Server, and upon choosing the Refresh Kies Air just spins in a loop "scanning" and eventually returns "No devices found". I finally clicked Cancel out of the Refresh function, and then get directed to a new popup window called Deny access. This in turn tells me that I have to restart Kies Air in order for my laptop to access the Kies Air web services.

Screenshot_2012-11-05-18-45-25.png

For an application that was working before this version (2.2.211011, Nov 2nd), what a step backwards. I've used it enough to know what to do, and have some understanding about how client/server web applications work, so I don't believe its "user error".

Anybody else experiencing this? Is this a one time problem after upgrading? In theory this problem shouldn't be isolated to any particular OS or browser version; or just for the S3.

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I should have known better and read the Google Play reviews before updating. Uninstalled updates and disabled the app. Many others are having similar if not the exact same issues. At least I got a few good laughs out of the Play reviews. Some serious four letter words being lobbed Samsung's way on this one. Time to check out AirDroid again.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I should have known better and read the Google Play reviews before updating. Uninstalled updates and disabled the app. Many others are having similar if not the exact same issues. At least I got a few good laughs out of the Play reviews. Some serious four letter words being lobbed Samsung's way on this one. Time to check out AirDroid again.

I havent had any problems with this. I was able to text from my laptop while my phone was in my pocket and it worked fine for me.
But i seem i am in a small minority with this :)

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Glad its working for you. I may come back to it later on if the current bugs and improvements are made. Just seems odd that the manufacturer can't get their own software thats designed to manage their own hardware right.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes you are right. If you release anything it should be working 110%!!!! Though I must admit I don't really use it much it it is handy to have

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
U should go back to air droid. It works great for me

HTC Evo 3D rooted & running custom Nocturnal Venom Rom. My phone sleeps in the bed and my girl is on the couch

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
U should go back to air droid. It works great for me

HTC Evo 3D rooted & running custom Nocturnal Venom Rom. My phone sleeps in the bed and my girl is on the couch
Yes, AirDroid is what I'm using now. I'm not moving stuff to/from my phone that frequently, so its not a huge deal. But when you need to, then it should not be an ordeal. I'm experimenting around with other WiFi based apps, and still have Kies working if I need to go the USB connected route.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree that it shouldn't be a huge ordeal. I have minimal patience myself. Sounds like u got a few options so good luck with it. If u find any good ones let us know.

Darkfusion

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Finally figured this out bought this phone today for my wife, figured I shared with all you are having this issue. Please do the following in this order:

Prep:
1. Check under Settings -> About phone if there are any software updates necessary on the phone. If you are up to date great! please move to the next step.
2. Install and download Kies software from website (Kies - Sync Media, Contacts & Calendars Across All Devices | Samsung), once installed make sure to enable all the necessary setting in windows and or Mac to allow to the phone to be discovered on the network (must be on the same network)
3. Executed Kies Air Messenger located under tools and follow
4. Once Air Messenger has been configured (follow prompts) and connected you should then proceed to the following steps to be able to connect to Samsung Kies Normal or Lite Mode (aka Server) the following needs to be done through the phone.

Connection to Server Steps:
1. Go to Settings (make sure the KIES software is open during this process)
2. Under Wireless and Networks select more settings
3. Scroll all the way down (should be the last item) to where it says KIES via Wifi and select it
4. It should automatically already find your PC based on the Air Messenger Service that is running.

If you have any other issues and or need further assistance please feel free to email me directly at fusionconceptsllc@gmail.com

The last step (connection to server steps) can also be found by clicking Help-> Kies Tutorial on the 2nd page under the heading "Connect a mobile phone via Wifi" It's a video. :)

Thanks,
Javier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool