Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By LegalAmerican
  • 1 Post By deanodrums
  • 1 Post By hossman12
  • 1 Post By funkylogik
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Few q's before a purchase

I am currently on an iPhone 4. I had a og droid before the iPhone, I have a few questions regarding the Samsung s3 or the razr maxx hd. I know the razr maxx hd could get me through a whole day on a charge. I have been looking through battery stats of the Samsung, can someone explain how long on average the s3 will go on a charge. I keep seeing on battery times of around 8-9 hours, is that just time of charge? If so that's barely enough to get through an average work day without charging. Can someone help me understand that?

Default Re: Few q's before a purchase

Battery stats will honestly be different for everyone. Screen brightness, screen on time, how many widgets you use, your gmail or twitter refresh settings, etc...

I usually have 60% at the end of the day with moderate usage.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    xlDeMoNiClx and geekymcfly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    Battery stats will honestly be different for everyone. Screen brightness, screen on time, how many widgets you use, your gmail or twitter refresh settings, etc...

I usually have 60% at the end of the day with moderate usage.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    This is true. It would be a bit boring if we all had the same?
    But my only thing is why does everyone get so hung up on about the battery? The more you use it the more you will drain it.Id say i am an average user so i will easily get over a days use out of it. But we all still have to charge our phones at some point whether it be after 8 hours 14 hours or even 1day! So i wouldnt base your choice on a phone because the battery wont last as long as you might like. The s3 is a brilliant phone,just get it
    geekymcfly likes this.

Try reading through some of the existing posts that discuss battery life in general and that review specific usage data, showing screenshots that list screen on time, WiFi on time, etc.
    Frankly, it gets tiring rehashing the same information over and over. Once you've read up on this if you have specific questions then feel free to start a new thread or continue this one.
    In summary, if you really must have >12 hours of continual use without access to a charger, or live/work in an area with lousy cellular reception, get the Motorola RAZR Maxx HD.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Here's yet another set of screenshots of battery usage that should give you some idea of what you could expect or what the phone is capable of - YMMV.
    Few q's before a purchase-uploadfromtaptalk1352267664643.jpgFew q's before a purchase-uploadfromtaptalk1352267683213.jpgFew q's before a purchase-uploadfromtaptalk1352267703613.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Try reading through some of the existing posts that discuss battery life in general and that review specific usage data, showing screenshots that list screen on time, WiFi on time, etc.
    Frankly, it gets tiring rehashing the same information over and over. Once you've read up on this if you have specific questions then feel free to start a new thread or continue this one.
    In summary, if you really must have >12 hours of continual use without access to a charger, or live/work in an area with lousy cellular reception, get the Motorola RAZR Maxx HD.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah it is a pain re saying things but who wants to troll through loads of pages to get the info when people like us who just reply. Good stats from your screen shots. The screen will always be a major part of battery drain and the phone being idle too. I would be happy with those stats but loads of others would say 15hours is that it!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Unlike my SG2 on my SG3 I get like 12-14 hour with just talking callls, checking emails, an occassional update and with GPS on Amazing! I know but it really does this surprising me as well! I only hope that after the Jellybean update it continues to do as well

Im honestly only getting 7-9 hrs average time with heavier usage but I only got my phone about a week ago and am still learning how to tweek it for best results. This isn't the simplest phone in the world to use but I find the more I learn about it the more I appreciate what a marvelous and powerful device it truly is.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Android Central Forums
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

I have to charge during the day and charge overnight. I'm on less than 25% as I type and at the airport.

Started my day on 100% just over 6hrs ago. I have WiFi, GPS and sync all turned on

Quote Originally Posted by walcolm View Post
    I have to charge during the day and charge overnight. I'm on less than 25% as I type and at the airport.

Started my day on 100% just over 6hrs ago. I have WiFi, GPS and sync all turned on

Ok I'd suggest turning the WiFi and GPS off. Though personally GPS doesn't really pull a lot of my battery but having WiFi searching for a connection whilst not in an WiFi area will pull in the battery power. I am not sure about the sync. I'd recommend the app gsam it tells you what is using up the most power also juice defender will help. 25% after 6 hours is not great. I am at 11 hours with 64% with a moderate useage.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

im a HEAVY user. i dont use a pc, just my phone and im online a LOT.
    look at my average battery life over like 4months
    Few q's before a purchase-uploadfromtaptalk1352295553881.jpg
    if you keep screen too bright or have LTE turned on in a weak signal area it will dramaticly decrease.
    think longest ive had was 22hrs. its just about being sensible with what apps you use and get an app like the one above to show you the bad-uns

GPS and MAPS are munchers

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    im a HEAVY user. i dont use a pc, just my phone and im online a LOT.
    look at my average battery life over like 4months
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352295553881.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	45111
    if you keep screen too bright or have LTE turned on in a weak signal area it will dramaticly decrease.
    think longest ive had was 22hrs. its just about being sensible with what apps you use and get an app like the one above to show you the bad-uns

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    This is coming from a dude that doesn't have an S3(yet), but I have no idea how to "read" that app. haha

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    This is coming from a dude that doesn't have an S3(yet), but I have no idea how to "read" that app. haha
    lmao eh?

GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

whats YMMV mean?

GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    lmao eh?

What? :P