I'm sticking with the S3 - Some questions

spartanrob1

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I?ve decided that I?m keeping the S3. It?s been 30 days and now the iphone just seems tiny in my hand and i'm just bored of it.
A few questions:
1. Is lightflow the only app that controls the led? I?ve not had much luck
2. Using Nova Launcher and see to like it (GoLauncher seemed too complex) I want ?badges? showing unread email to show on my icons, is Nova Prime the only way? Are there other apps that will do that?
3. Using Swiftkey. On the iphone, after entering numbers and hitting space, the keyboard would return to the alpha keyboard, any way to do that
4. Using GoSMS Pro. When I delete a message or thread, it always ?confirms? the delete. Any way to get rid of the confirm
5. Any good program for syncing notes with MS Exchange? I found ?Notes for Exchange?, but It?s not great.
6. Juice Defender seems to help my battery life (as well as turning off LTE). Any way to speed up JD? I have it set to turn off data when the screen is locked, when I unlock the screen, seems a bit slow to re-activate the data (actually experimenting with JD off today)
7. On ATT, would really like GoogleWallet, and Google Now (S-Voice is just not good). Rooting is the only way, right? (I won?t ask about the best ROM as I know that is subjective)
Thanks all.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I can help (or not help) with some:

2. There are quite a few widgets (look for "unread" in the Play Store). However, unlike stock Touchwiz and Sense, I have not found any that will give me unread counts of Exchange emails (just gmail). I have a hard time believing the community hasn't put out an app to handle this since it's obviously possible.
3. Not that I know of.
4. Also, not that I know of.
5. Have you tried OneNote (it comes with MS Office) and you can sync them to the OneNote app. I just use Everynote though.
7. Unfortunately Google Wallet isn't really available on all carriers. But there are many alternatives to S-Voice if you don't already have JellyBean with Google Now. Do a find for "Personal Assistant" in the Play Store and you'll find a bunch. I don't really have any recommendations. I guess I used Iris for awhile and then tried out EVA, but I don't really use them, so S-Voice works for what I need it to.

Last edited:

rteichman

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
6. Juice Defender seems to help my battery life (as well as turning off LTE). Any way to speed up JD? I have it set to turn off data when the screen is locked, when I unlock the screen, seems a bit slow to re-activate the data (actually experimenting with JD off today)
How did you get juice defender to turn of LTE? I don't see that option. By the way Amen to 3 & 4 I would like that also

llmgtab

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
1. Is lightflow the only app that controls the led? I?ve not had much luck
Have you tried Light Flow recently? There was an update 2 days ago that fixed it for me. Have been using it with my S3 (Sprint stock JB) for two days and it solved all my issues. The severe battery drain is gone, and the LED's have been working fine. I don't use it but for a few apps, but seems to be good now.

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
3. Using Swiftkey. On the iphone, after entering numbers and hitting space, the keyboard would return to the alpha keyboard, any way to do that
Although I recognize you've got some investment in Swiftkey, you might consider an alternate keyboard? I've been spending some time with TouchPal keyboard and I've been very impressed, particularly with it's latest version. It has the behavior that I believe you are describing, and it also merges number and several special characters into main keyboard so you can key those with a swipe up or down on the alpha key -- much easier than switching back & forth between different boards.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried Light Flow recently? There was an update 2 days ago that fixed it for me. Have been using it with my S3 (Sprint stock JB) for two days and it solved all my issues. The severe battery drain is gone, and the LED's have been working fine. I don't use it but for a few apps, but seems to be good now.

i didnt get the update, was it for the payed one?
maybe i didnt get it from play store. my versions jammin anyway :)

i could be tripping but is there an app called blink.

there should really be some better LED apps, id love one that cycled through every colour like a disco when someone important, a loved one, rings or texts :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Although I recognize you've got some investment in Swiftkey, you might consider an alternate keyboard? I've been spending some time with TouchPal keyboard and I've been very impressed, particularly with it's latest version. It has the behavior that I believe you are describing, and it also merges number and several special characters into main keyboard so you can key those with a swipe up or down on the alpha key -- much easier than switching back & forth between different boards.

I just tried out TouchPal, and it seems pretty nice (thanks for the heads up!). At first glance, I like it better than both Swiftkey and Swype (which I've gone back and forth between several times). Seems more accurate than Swype with better predictions, at least to me, and the options seem to be great.

I know they're supposed to add the swyping/gesture thing to Swiftkey soon, so I might switch back when that happens, but in the meantime, I'm going to stick with TouchPal for a few days and see if works as well as it does at first glance.

llmgtab

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
i didnt get the update, was it for the payed one?
maybe i didnt get it from play store. my versions jammin anyway :)

i could be tripping but is there an app called blink.

there should really be some better LED apps, id love one that cycled through every colour like a disco when someone important, a loved one, rings or texts :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

I do have the paid version, but I checked the play store and it looks like the free version has the 3.2 update as well.

spartanrob1

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. going to give it a shot. Any way to get emoji with this keyboard? i do a lot of texting with people who have iphones

Last edited:

spartanrob1

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I'll try again. does it have any negative impact on the battery?

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of GoLauncher and Nova Launcher, look pretty cool. I'm wondering though with JB coming will there be a need for these? And what kind of drain on the battery do these apps cause?

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. going to give it a shot. Any way to get emoji with this keyboard? i do a lot of texting with people who have iphones

No emoji to my knowledge, sorry. Never used before so don't really know enough to miss it. ;) :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

You can download handcet and get the emoji plug in I use all the time with my sisters and its updated to the newest emojis from ios 6

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Try GOKeyboard, gosms, pretty much the whole GO line. I have most of them. Work Well.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I do have the paid version, but I checked the play store and it looks like the free version has the 3.2 update as well.

thanks mate but what i mean is i downloaded the full version from "unknown sources" lol dont wana expand on that but its workin fine :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Try GOKeyboard, gosms, pretty much the whole GO line. I have most of them. Work Well.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

noo Go launcher and Go locker are poop :)
i stil use Go Sms and Go dialer tho :)
heres ma new go sms set up
uploadfromtaptalk1352467480657.jpguploadfromtaptalk1352467496327.jpguploadfromtaptalk1352467509113.jpg

on a silver tip :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21