is there a widget for this?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ok im not into task killers, i know the score but is there a ONE TOUCH widget that can be set to force stop one specific app of your choice (like a buggy app that needs a good force close sometimes or a torrent app, if u use that kinda thing, to stop it from seeding ur files in the background)?
ta

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Last edited:

mlmcgahee

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
On the S III if you long press on the home button it will open up a task manager that will let you manage running background apps.

Hope this helps...

Mike :cool:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thanks yeah mate but what
would be ideal is a widget assigned to one app,one tap to kill it to save time.
know what i mean man? :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
You can go to the application manager and choose the app. There should be a force stop button. Not sure how often you have to kill the tasks.

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes there is w widget.

Go to Samsung Apps and then download the widget called "Application Monitor". A great widget that will save your physical home key from few clicks. It is free for all Samsung phones.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You can go to the application manager and choose the app. There should be a force stop button. Not sure how often you have to kill the tasks.

yeah i know that mate im trying to save myself a lot of time with a shortcut :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes there is w widget.

Go to Samsung Apps and then download the widget called "Application Monitor". A great widget that will save your physical home key from few clicks. It is free for all Samsung phones.

thanx pal il see if its what im after. what i really need is a direct link to an apps details in app manager to force close :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thanx Mss, that basicly saves two steps which is a good start. nice one man :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
it even fits in my messy page :)
uploadfromtaptalk1352389495245.jpg

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes there is w widget.

Hey! Not so fast! :D I was lookin' for that app a few weeks ago, in the Samsung app store, but couldn't find it. Every time I typed 'application monitor widget' in the search bar? only a bunch of battery widgets & other apps kept listing-up. :rolleyes:

How'd you find it, funky? :eek: . . . and btw, funk, your 'messy page' gives me a migraine. :p :rolleyes: :p :D

Thanks mss-ca! :) Can you link the google play install page?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
its in the More Services app mate, not play store. its a samsung app. some s3s dont have it :(
night geeks. been awake 42hrs.... x

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
its in the More Services app mate, not play store. its a samsung app. some s3s dont have it :(
night geeks. been awake 42hrs.... x
What'ya trying to do? Kill yourself? :eek: Of train for some Special Geek (Black Ops) Operation?
Nighty night, funky. Sleep tight. ;) . . . (wonder where that saying came from?)

Yeah, I don't have 'More services' in my app drawer, dang it. :( Anyone know how to get it, if you don't have 'More services'?

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
What'ya trying to do? Kill yourself? :eek: Of train for some Special Geek (Black Ops) Operation?
Nighty night, funky. Sleep tight. ;) . . . (wonder where that saying came from?)

Yeah, I don't have 'More services' in my app drawer, dang it. :( Anyone know how to get it, if you don't have 'More services'?

You can create a Samsung customer account online(even though I didn't have to do that) and link your phone to that account using Kies. Then you can load the apps I think... can anyone confirm this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis