Battery use

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
My phone was fully charged before I went to bed and when I woke up I noticed that Android System has drained my battery overnight again. Is this normal?
Phone isn't rooted btw.

Screenshot of battery use attached.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352619436471.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352619436471.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 42

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
20% over 8hours seems right to me bud.
android system is at the top coz its a percentage and u werent usin anythin else so something has to be at top.
i usualy charge overnight.. overcharging does nae harm :beer:

EDIT youve obv had screen on for a wee bit too
p.s, see wen u tap the bottom of that graph, it takes u to another screen incase u didnt know... maybe ur signal was dodgy durin the night n it will show that

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Not convinced, phone was idle and used 20% battery. My other Android phones and tablets don't use that much power on idle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Damn that seems pretty good to me! It only used up 20% over 8 hours? That's incredible in my book. I'm not sure how that is for the S3 but that would be considered great for my S2 Skyrocket on a 1,850 mah battery. What size battery does the S3 have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
what did you leave running m8.. wifi/data? to me that seems average or good for a phone sat on standby.
its not like it was switched off eh :thumbup:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Damn that seems pretty good to me! It only used up 20% over 8 hours? That's incredible in my book. I'm not sure how that is for the S3 but that would be considered great for my S2 Skyrocket on a 1,850 mah battery. What size battery does the S3 have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

2100 i think bro

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
damo if ur worried brer, d/load GSam and do same thing, it gees mair details

wits yer android phone history btw m8?
problem with the s4 is its quad core but doesnt have an extra "dumb" chip to keep hings tickin over

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
G1, Desire, Galaxy S, Desire HD, GS3 and a couple of Tablets. GS3 is going on eBay/ Gumtree next week as after using stock android on my N7, it's the way forward mate. N4 for me as the price is a no brainer and you get software updates first :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
bigger history than me brer.
know wit ur sayin bout the N4 but can u live without the epandable storage? tae me it wud hav to hav a MONSTER battery life for me to stream tunes :(
gony flash ma s3 soon for a bit of pure android :)
think u cud punt the s3 n buy the N7 wae the money?

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
I've got unlimited data data I'm never more then arms length away from a charger in the office, car or house so the fixed battery isn't an issue.

The GS3 is the new LTE version with 2GB of RAM, should have a few quid left over when I buy the N4 on Tuesday as I hope to get about ?375 for this, it's only 3 weeks old and mint

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thought ud get more for the gt-i9305 tbh m8.
aye am unlimited too n if power isny a problem then id go4it too :)
take it ur no a gamer?
am no really but av used half ma 16gb.. lot a e a dont really nead though :)

here have u checked out the HTC DNA 1st? seems to be a monster but not a nexus n thats wit ur really after eh :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
b***ard.... one less glesga bhoy on the forum :(

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
av no got the readys to pay the extra m8 tbh.
the english government in their wisdom took away ma severly diabetic fiances disability away!
we'r havin2do a flit to bump brighthouse.
(ma s3 is fae brighthouse n theyr no gettin their grubby hands on that! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo