Samsung Account - What's the Point?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol. in the More Services app (if you have it) its all s3 apps (havent noticed anythin useful though)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing, when I actually go to the web page for my Samsung account there are Samsung Apps, none of which are for the GS3.

Nothing is specific to the GS3, but most if not all should work on the S3. This is an issue with people at Samsung forgetting to update the list of what devices are compatible.

Ilze Botha

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
"funkylogic
global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess "

Since you offered, I have the exact same problem as insane42 but with my pictures. I accidently deleted some photo's but I didn't worry 'cause I backed up my phone just yesterday using my "Samsung Account" but it seems that it only saved my messages and logs, so no pictures. But I didn't worry 'case I made a full back up about 4months ago via Kies ... and here's where the hits the fan, there's nothing in the back up folder. Over 50 folders and 1 actual file. I do know that I backed up pictures to my Samsung Account a little while after i got my phone (+7months ago - meaning before all the system and software updates ect.) any ideas on how I can retrieve that information? That would be very helpful, thank you.

Karl Little

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
There are some Samsung specific things like Samsung Apps that will only work if you own a Samsung device. Samsung Apps is a second "Play Store" type thing, and I suspect that Samsung could potentially put some things THERE that we would get for free as Samsung customers that you couldn't get elsewhere. Now, at THIS point I don't think any paid apps are free off Samsung Apps, but it is possible there are some.

One thing that is a bit weird about Samsung Apps is that EVERY version of the Samsung web page EXCEPT for the version for the USA mentions Samsung Apps. Check out Mobile Phones | Televisions | Notebooks | Refrigeration - SAMSUNG AU and then check SAMSUNG UK - Home Electronics | Home Appliances | Mobile | Computing or from ANYWHERE other than the USA version. Now, check the USA version and notice Samsung Apps is missing from being mentioned. It is possible that Samsung Apps will be a way to circumvent us being locked out of content due to the region we are in, or just for other promotional things. Registration would be another reason for using the Samsung account.
free apps like paid AVG. as of recent some disney games cheaper or free in some cases like "wheres my water"

edwardgan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
The only time I use the Samsung account is when I want to backup my phone logs, messages, S Memos and etc as I can wipe the whole phone and restore the data once the wipe is done.

bg4m3r

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
free apps like paid AVG. as of recent some disney games cheaper or free in some cases like "wheres my water"

Hmm...I use AVG. Would be nice to have the paid version.

In response to the contact account switching, export your contacts to a vcf file on your phone. Delete all your contacts and import from the file. It will ask what account you want them associated with.

sslaback

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I turned off the Samsung Account for its not important. I also love the feature of turning off stock apps and rendering them useless. lol since I don't use them anyway.

oakla

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I was able move my contacts from Samsung account to Google account by first exporting Samsung account contacts to sim card, and then importing them back again.

Jimmy0529

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Transfer all your contacts to Gmail, you can do that from your phone
Sign in to ur Google Account, and make sure sync contacts is selected, then click Sync now...it should sync to ur Gmail
You can confirm this by going to your Gmail account on your PC, then click Contacts and see if all of them are there

Jimmy0529

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Transfer all your contacts to Gmail, you can do that from your phone
Sign in to ur Google Account, and make sure sync contacts is selected, then click Sync now...it should sync to ur Gmail
You can confirm this by going to your Gmail account on your PC, then click Contacts and see if all of them are there
You have to sync to devise then press options on contacts and sync the to gmail
sync 2 gmail

natagand

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Can anybody help me? I have GS4 and all my S Memos were somehow deleted from my device. They don't come back after syncing with my Samsung account, BUT I can see the storage usage in the "cloud" is still being used by S Memo. Can anybody advise me how to get my info back?

natagand

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Syncing doesn't do the trick. I needed to transfer data from old S4 to "new" replacement S4. I attempted "smart switch" app but it didn't work at first. Then, when I needed to look up some info from my memos, all but one old memo had disappeared. I spent yesterday (6 hours!!!) with various tech support. Nobody at Samsung could tell me how to get my data back from the Samsung account "cloud" storage. I tested my theory by adding new memos and could see that the storage usage went up a bit with each memo. This makes me think that my info is still stored, I just don't know how to retrieve it!!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar