Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Default Why does Samsung think we want BLUE or WHITE phones ??????

I find this so perplexing that Samsung would bring out the GS3 in only white and blue,,,,, while black is clearly one of the most popular colors for a phone.

Yea,,,, Verizon now has black and brown but of course they are the only carrier besides ATT that has a red GS3,,,,,, I owned a Verizon black GS3 for a few weeks, what a classy looking GS3 that black version is,,,, now I have a Note 2,,,, it would have been GREAT to get the Note 2 in black but sadly Samsung only put out a white and grey Note 2.

Anyhow,,, my question is,,,, how does Samsung come to the idea that we the USA phone buying consumers would rather have a blue colored phone than a black colored phone,

Samsung wants to overtake the iphone yet they hobble the GS3 by offering it in colors that would be a turn off to many.

I fail to understand Samsungs logic in their choices for phone colors,,,,,, perhaps some one could explain their logic to me as I am quite perplexed on why Samsung does this.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Davyo
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Default Re: Why does Samsung think we want BLUE or WHITE phones ??????

USA??

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

So you aren't happy with white, blue, black, red, brown, 2 shades of gray and amber?

Also, this might blow your mind, but 30 million+ S3's have been sold. So crazy Samsung must know what most people want. Just cause YOU don't like the choice of 8 colors, doesn't mean everyone is impossible to please. Question: how many phones can you name that were made available in 8 or more colors? How about 4 colors?

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Thanked by 4:
    B3RTBEzduzitneiljay6Ry 
    ScandaLeX, Ry, Ezduzit and 6 others like this.

Bc black is common. I like the fact that I could've chosen a different color but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the phone.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm
    GrooveRite likes this.

Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

There's 400 black phone options (exaggeration) and you complain about the S3 and Note 2. These phones are AMAZING. Why do we have to complain no matter what?

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    funkylogik likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    USA??

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Yes,,,,, I know about the global version of the S3 that finally came out out in black (before the US Verizon black version came out) but its been my understanding that the UK GS3 is not 4G LTE and also has some other limitations on US carriers.

Cheers
    Davyo

But what's the issue? A) you don't own it anymore. B) there IS a black model available. C) 30 million people didn't see a problem with it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Roboticz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Davyo View Post
    Samsung wants to overtake the iphone yet they hobble the GS3 by offering it in colors that would be a turn off to many.
    For starters, quite a few people dubbed the S3 as an "iPhone killer" (like me), and I see quite a few threads on here talking about former diehard iPhone users become S3 converts. Second, with all the carriers the iPhone is available on, it's white or black, no matter what the carrier. As you mentioned, the S3 comes in blue, black, white, red, and brown, although red just for AT&T; and brown and black for Verizon. Although the colors are fragmented across carriers, the fact remains that you still have the option to choose a different color. If you want an iPhone, you can only pick black or white, whether you go to Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann
    Last edited by MangoPowah; 11-12-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
    ladyc0524 and xlDeMoNiClx like this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

the reason i exclaimed "USA" is because the whole world were stuck with the same choice, not just the US lol.
    know i keep posting this pic but change colour easily n cheaply Why does Samsung think we want BLUE or WHITE phones ??????-uploadfromtaptalk1352702655138.jpgWhy does Samsung think we want BLUE or WHITE phones ??????-uploadfromtaptalk1352702669041.jpg

GT-I9300, UK
    MangoPowah likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    For starters, quite a few people dubbed the S3 as an "iPhone killer" (like me), and I see quite a few threads on here talking about former diehard iPhone users become S3 converts. Second, with all the carriers the iPhone is available on, it's white or black, no matter what the carrier. As you mentioned, the S3 comes in blue, black, white, red, and brown, although red just for AT&T; and brown and black for Verizon. Although the colors are fragmented across carriers, the fact remains that you still have the option to choose a different carrier. If you want an iPhone, you can only pick black or white, whether you go to Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann
    theres a global red too mate
    im happy with my stealth white lol. would have bought black if it had been available at release

GT-I9300, UK
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    So you aren't happy with white, blue, black, red, brown, 2 shades of gray and amber?

Also, this might blow your mind, but 30 million+ S3's have been sold. So crazy Samsung must know what most people want. Just cause YOU don't like the choice of 8 colors, doesn't mean everyone is impossible to please. Question: how many phones can you name that were made available in 8 or more colors? How about 4 colors?

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Huh,,, I didn't know I could get the GS3 in 8 colors, for some reason i thought you could ONLY get the brown or black if you are on Verizon and the red ONLY if you are on ATT,,,,,I was not aware that all had changed.

No,,,, my mind is not blown,,,, I am very much aware that the GS3 is a HUGE seller and beating out the Iphone 5 in many case's,,,,, that's why I phrased my question in my OP as to why Samsung would "hobble" the GS3 by not also offering it in black.

As far as "me" being the only one that's not happy with the lack of availability of a black GS3 I would have to dis-agree,,,, if you go online and google a black GS3 you will find a huge number of comments about the lack of a black GS3,,,,, you will also see comments from reviewers saying "finally, a black GS3",,,,,, or "the long elusive black GS3".

There are also lots of comments from many would be buyers of the GS3 saying they would have jumped on the the GS3 but didn't because of the blue and white color choices,,,,,, again,,,, that's why I used the word "hobble" in my OP.

Perhaps you should re-read my OP.

Cheers
    Davyo

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

anyone know how to remove a "thanks" lol... keep doin it by mistake and you can remove "like"s

GT-I9300, UK
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I was unsure of the pebble blue, but knew I didn't want white. Black is Ho hum, been there done that.

I was glad of some different options. If I wanted my phone to be like all the others, it would be an I phone.

Next up, if I stay with the sgs3, pebble blue front, Grey back. I think it will look pretty good.

Ps. You can get a skin to go over it if you really need black.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik likes this.

I like the blue and brown. I ended up with white, which I still don't particularly care for, but for what I paid for the phone off contract I can't complain.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Davyo View Post
    I find this so perplexing that Samsung would bring out the GS3 in only white and blue,,,,, while black is clearly one of the most popular colors for a phone.

Yea,,,, Verizon now has black and brown but of course they are the only carrier besides ATT that has a red GS3,,,,,, I owned a Verizon black GS3 for a few weeks, what a classy looking GS3 that black version is,,,, now I have a Note 2,,,, it would have been GREAT to get the Note 2 in black but sadly Samsung only put out a white and grey Note 2.

Anyhow,,, my question is,,,, how does Samsung come to the idea that we the USA phone buying consumers would rather have a blue colored phone than a black colored phone,

I fail to understand Samsungs logic in their choices for phone colors,,,,,, perhaps some one could explain their logic to me as I am quite perplexed on why Samsung does this.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Davyo
    Think Different.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

The metro store I got my phone from only had 1 whit S3 left, which luckily was the exact phone I wanted to get. I loved it a week and a half ago when I first got it and all it's done is grow on me :-) I think the white S3 looks friggin gorgeous and im sure helped it get crowned an "iPhone killer."

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

if black was available from the beginning, id have got that n maybe put a white back plate on it
    my Xperia Arc was white and a very sexy device but even hotter when i put a black back on it

GT-I9300, UK

From my experience with the pebble blue, under most lighting conditions, the blue is not really a blue. Most of the time it feels like a gray or dark gray to me. The closest it ever gets to a blue is really indigo. So the color never really gets to the shade of what I'm seeing on the website at all. And that's why I never complained about the blue color. Although I would be glad if the carriers carry more than 2 color variants right from the beginning.
    "M'aiq does not understand what is so impressive about shouting. M'aiq can shout whenever he wants." - M'aiq

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

yeah my bro just got one (blue) and i had to put it under strong kitchen light to decide what colour it is.
    it is really pretty phone but i can see why people dont like its home button. they should have made it identical to the bezel like on the white i think

GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Like someone mentioned in a past thread. If Samsung came out with black and white first, people would be wanting different colors. So I think Samsung came out with the "different" colors from the start, which makes sense.

I would've taken black from the beginning though.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by lbkiml View Post
    Like someone mentioned in a past thread. If Samsung came out with black and white first, people would be wanting different colors. So I think Samsung came out with the "different" colors from the start, which makes sense.

I would've taken black from the beginning though.
    wonder why they didnt release all 8 or whatever colours at once though??
    testing popularity 1st?
    keeping the "buzz" going and helping them to keep up with demand because people will wait for a different coulour?
    i duno how business works though.
    i had to get the white but its a bad colour for watchin vids on and using in sunlight coz its distracting and reflects every visible light frequency lol.
    with my decal on, the phone doesnt look as luxurious but luks hardcore and makes vids/games look much better, easier to get sucked into the screen.... IMO

GT-I9300, UK
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

Get a cover in the color you want your phone to be in?

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    Thanked by:
    evq.003 and funkylogik like this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Well I like my white S3!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast