Why no Metro forum?

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering why there's no MetroPCS forum for the S3 on here. I have Metro with mine and am extremely pleased with both the phone and customer service. I'm paying less than $100 for both mine and my gf's "4G lte" phones, which have excellent call recepton and internet service. Mine has unlimited data.

I usually get around 7-8mbps down and 3-5mbps up. At times in different areas I get 4-5 down. Obviously these aren't true LTE speeds but for the money and lack of a contract and data limit, I'm extremely pleased.

Ive actually heard pretyy much no one mention Metro at all:eek:

Sent from my MetroPCS GalaxyS3 consistently getting around 7-8mpbs down... contracts and data limits need not apply.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
is Metro a "virtual" carrier who "piggyback" one of the major carriers' masts etc?
if so, thats probably the reason man :beer:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, maybe im just not as tech savy as I used to be, but im a little lost on your reply..

What do you mean by "virtual carrier" and piggybacking??

Sent from my MetroPCS GalaxyS3 consistently getting around 7-8mpbs down... contracts and data limits need not apply.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
a virtual carrier uses another carriers infrastructure, servers, towers etc and charge low prices.
for example.. what carrier model of phone is yours?
what carriers will it work on? if youre on a virtual carrier, your phone will be locked to the parent company.
im speakin from a UK point of view though :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
....unless your phone has different hardware/firmware from the rest of the s3s sub-forums, there would be no point in another forum.
thats kinda the point im gettin at mate :)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
MetroPCS is weird. They are not a virtual carrier like Funky suggested.

THey were the 5th carrier here in the us, using CDMA and running off Verizon I think for roaming and coverage gaps. The weird part is that they just got bought by t-Mobile which is a GSM carrier but the merger makes sense since all t mobile wanted was the 9.5 million subscribers and to fill in their own gaps in LTE infrastructure.

LOL...now that the history lesson is over, OP are you just asking why there isn't one or are you looking for a specific question to be answered? If it is the former, then I would say it is too small and is more than likely covered with either the sprint or the Verizon version. If you have a specific question, fire away, I will give it a go

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thanks mate lol :)
so what carrier version would it be closest to if for example the op wants to flash later on?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt use any others. The difference here in the US is the radios. They all use different bands and flashing between companies is usually a very, very bad idea. Sprint is the closest though.

IF you want to flash CM10, there is a variant on the CM forums just for Metro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax