Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
    Uhh, the latest version is working quite nicely on my stock AT&T S3.
    Really? they must have fixed it then, it wasn't working before...u have no issues?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    806 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,570 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    u calling me ginger? lmao
    aye we're a well travelled race. bet theres more of us in the US than in Scotland

    Unbranded Global s3, Official JB, Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    Does this man look like a Scot?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SGSIII with "light flow"?-mccallum.jpg  
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    806 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,570 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    u calling me ginger? lmao
    aye we're a well travelled race. bet theres more of us in the US than in Scotland

    Unbranded Global s3, Official JB, Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    Does this man look like a Scot?SGSIII with "light flow"?-mccallum.jpg
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  4. #29  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Does this man look like a Scot?
    Lmao maybe a posh one

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    GT-I9300, UK
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    806 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,570 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    Lmao maybe a posh one

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    This was taken at my daughter's wedding. It's the McCallum kilt, but he didn't "go commando".HaHa.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    806 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,570 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
    Uhh, the latest version is working quite nicely on my stock AT&T S3.
    You're very lucky. I've downloaded it three times, followed the directions, and got a frozen phone. Please tell me exactly what setting you used, and i'll try again. Thanks.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  7. #32  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    This was taken at my daughter's wedding. It's the McCallum kilt, but he didn't "go commando".HaHa.
    Lol be honest... ive NEVER worn the kilt
    Ive heard its very itchy though so doubt id go commando lol

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    GT-I9300, UK
    grunt0300 likes this.
  8. #33  

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Really? they must have fixed it then, it wasn't working before...u have no issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    You're very lucky. I've downloaded it three times, followed the directions, and got a frozen phone. Please tell me exactly what setting you used, and i'll try again. Thanks.
    The only minor issue I'm still working on is that the flashing isn't "uniform" in length of flashes or length of pauses between flashes. But certainly no crashing or freezing, and the colors show up for the apps I've configured. Also with the latest revision, battery usage has dropped into the negligible range, as shown with GSAM Battery Monitor.

    My settings are:

    Enable Light Flow: checked
    Direct Mode: unchecked
    Samsung S3 root mode: unchecked
    USA and Canada S3 mode: checked
    Run in foreground: unchecked
    Persistent Icon: unchecked
    Modified Gmail app: unchecked
    Notification Method on Battery: Cycle all - slow
    Notification on Charge: Cycle all - slow
    Enable Clear All: checked
    Accessability check: checked
    Version upgrade reminder: checked
    Sleep settings - not used
    Enable charge settings: unchecked
    LCD-backpanel control: checked
    panel control: checked

    Version 3.3.0
    Longtime BlackBerry user, navigating my way through the Android forest,
    sometimes wishing for a better map!
  9. #34  
    junglejunkie's Avatar

    Posts
    557 Posts
    Global Posts
    558 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    I am using it now on my rooted T Mobile S3. Works EXCEPT for the talkback bug. Just have to disable Samsung TTS and Google TTS to stop it from telling you folder open/closed.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
    The only minor issue I'm still working on is that the flashing isn't "uniform" in length of flashes or length of pauses between flashes. But certainly no crashing or freezing, and the colors show up for the apps I've configured. Also with the latest revision, battery usage has dropped into the negligible range, as shown with GSAM Battery Monitor.

    My settings are:

    Enable Light Flow: checked
    Direct Mode: unchecked
    Samsung S3 root mode: unchecked
    USA and Canada S3 mode: checked
    Run in foreground: unchecked
    Persistent Icon: unchecked
    Modified Gmail app: unchecked
    Notification Method on Battery: Cycle all - slow
    Notification on Charge: Cycle all - slow
    Enable Clear All: checked
    Accessability check: checked
    Version upgrade reminder: checked
    Sleep settings - not used
    Enable charge settings: unchecked
    LCD-backpanel control: checked
    panel control: checked

    Version 3.3.0
    I couldn't get Light Flow to work on my Verizon S3 (rooted running Clean Rom) until I copied all the settings you recommended. Now it works! I hate that I need a separate app to do this. I was rooted and running Cyanogenmod and their built-in LED notifications worked perfectly. Why it can't work that way out of the box, I don't know. Thanks again!
  11. #36  

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Light Flow, Light Manager, and Blink. They all suck on the SGSIII from AT&T. I'll wait for the JB update and maybe try again.
    same on Verizon (although I didn't try Blink) get all sorts of quirky things happening and it doesn't seem to work right. (rooted for a couple of months now too) It's possible I'm just missing setting somewhere, but the LED doesn't behave how I like.

    I'm actually having decent success with just the stock settings though. light comes on when there's email/tweet/facebook and that's really the main thing.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    806 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,570 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
    The only minor issue I'm still working on is that the flashing isn't "uniform" in length of flashes or length of pauses between flashes. But certainly no crashing or freezing, and the colors show up for the apps I've configured. Also with the latest revision, battery usage has dropped into the negligible range, as shown with GSAM Battery Monitor.

    My settings are:

    Enable Light Flow: checked
    Direct Mode: unchecked
    Samsung S3 root mode: unchecked
    USA and Canada S3 mode: checked
    Run in foreground: unchecked
    Persistent Icon: unchecked
    Modified Gmail app: unchecked
    Notification Method on Battery: Cycle all - slow
    Notification on Charge: Cycle all - slow
    Enable Clear All: checked
    Accessability check: checked
    Version upgrade reminder: checked
    Sleep settings - not used
    Enable charge settings: unchecked
    LCD-backpanel control: checked
    panel control: checked

    Version 3.3.0
    I see what was screwing up this app. I check off "Accessability", but i don't check off "light flow lite", and it works. Every time i check off "lite flow lite", it froze the phone. thanks. Now maybe you can help me with another setting, please. When an email hits my phone, the screen stays dark, and the LED flashes. That's the way i want it. However, when a text message comes in, the screen opens to show my lock screen, and the LED doesn't flash. I need the screen to stay dark when text msgs. hit the phone. I know that the LED only works when the screen is dark, and that's O.K. Any help would be appreciated. Thank, again.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  13. #38  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Which sms app?

    Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    806 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,570 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    Which sms app?

    Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    The stock message app. Thanks.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  15. #40  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Hmm ive never used it.
    Take it youve looked at all its settings?

    Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  
    grunt0300's Avatar

    Posts
    806 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,570 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    Hmm ive never used it.
    Take it youve looked at all its settings?

    Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    Aye mate, i have.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  17. #42  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Just get Go Sms mate
    Once u spend an hour customising it, its crackin

    Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
    hell_on_heels likes this.
  18. #43  

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    Just get Go Sms mate
    Once u spend an hour customising it, its crackin

    Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    Agreed.

    O_o WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~
  19. #44  

    Default Re: SGSIII with "light flow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    Just get Go Sms mate
    Once u spend an hour customising it, its crackin

    Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    I had to uninstall gosms because it was splitting my messages n sending the last part first. Redownloaded handcent and the updates have made it almost exactly like gosms. In handcent tho u can change the font that ur typing too.

    O_o WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Is anyone using light flow with success
    By elvis1935 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 09:11 PM
  2. Is anyone using light flow with success
    By elvis1935 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 05:08 PM
  3. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 07:08 AM
  4. Light Flow
    By Hughey79 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 09:36 PM
  5. Photon LED (using Light Flow) after OTA update
    By latestGreatestPhone in forum Sprint Photon
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 12:40 AM

Posting Permissions

B