SGSIII with "light flow"?

Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I literally JUST downloaded this app and I can't get it working. I emailed the devs. On the galaxy s3 you may need to be rooted.

Sent from a stock Atrix 2 cause there's no reason to root it. :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
as Covart says, it works perfect on international s3.
works on some non rooted US phones, try the free version 1st.
if your phone starts "speaking" when u open/close folders, its because youre using stock launcher and theres a bug with that

Global s3, TW JB, Paisley, Scotland, West of Europe :beer:

mookster

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded it the other day on my VZW GS3. There's a setting somewhere in the Lightflow menu for the US version of the phone. I can't remember off the top of my head which one it is. Over all, I'm really happy with it. Gives me the control of my LED like I had with my old BB Tour, lol. Good times.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
try "Blink" if LF dont work for you, dont think its as good though.

think a lot more of these apps will appear as more and more androids have a RGB led :)

Unbranded Global s3, Official JB, Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded it the other day on my VZW GS3. There's a setting somewhere in the Lightflow menu for the US version of the phone. I can't remember off the top of my head which one it is. Over all, I'm really happy with it. Gives me the control of my LED like I had with my old BB Tour, lol. Good times.

I checked the setting for U.S. version, and although it's an AT&T phone, maybe that's why it froze the home screen. :'(

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I got it on my Verizon S3, and it was KILLING my battery. Then it started saying to me "The Folder is now open" "The Folder is now Closed". So I uninstalled it. I use the flip cover though, so I can't really see the notification light anyway.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE:
I tried "light manager" and it works, with one exception. Since my phone is set to "wake up" when i get a text message, and since the LED only works when the screen is off, i get no LED from light manager. Emails are all good. So the question i'm asking is...How do i turn off the "wake up for text msgs" on the flippin' phone? Thanks to everyone for your help.:confused:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE:
I tried "light manager" and it works, with one exception. Since my phone is set to "wake up" when i get a text message, and since the LED only works when the screen is off, i get no LED from light manager. Emails are all good. So the question i'm asking is...How do i turn off the "wake up for text msgs" on the flippin' phone? Thanks to everyone for your help.:confused:

havent heard of that app mate :)
to last poster. if u set lightflow to use a solid led instead of flashing and set a really dark version of the colour usin the colour chart so its just visible, batt' use is negligable (im talkin average 0.5%)
flashing keeps the system awake ;)
p.s, Legal, the folder bug only affects touchwiz launcher mate

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
LightFlow + S3 = Garbage

BlackBerry + BeBuzz did this stuff in it's sleep. Not sure what the deal is with these phones and the serious lack of ways to customize the notifications.

Oh well. I've learned to live with it.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
So the question i'm asking is...How do i turn off the "wake up for text msgs" on the flippin' phone? Thanks to everyone for your help.:confused:
what sms app do u use bro?
i never have mine set to wake (Go Sms)

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
what sms app do u use bro?
i never have mine set to wake (Go Sms)

The phone is stock, right out of the box, no messaging apps, other than what came on the phone. "Light Manager" is a free app in the U.S. Google Play Market. Works great for emails, but not for texts. I've never set my home screen to open when a text msg. comes in...it just does, and i can't figure out how to stop that function. If i can solve that problem, i'll let you know.:confused:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ive never used the stock sms app mate. i like customisation. i have the text HUGE so i can read without specs while drunk :) uploadfromtaptalk1352924403210.jpg
(Go Sms) (free)

uploadfromtaptalk1352924531189.jpg
screen settings