using Wii remote with s3

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i downloaded Wiimote Controller app yday and played with it for a second just navigating the launcher etc.
does anyone use it for gaming?
im wondering, if i use the nunchuck, will i be able to map the buttons to play a game like Dead Trigger?
would be prety cool with phone plugged into tv, music off and headphones on eh?

Unbranded Global s3, Official JB, Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about vice versa but wii works through BT so yeah.
I use Wiimote Controller app mate

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Lol I use my PS3 controller to play games

The most epic thing would be able to wirelssly use the controller to play via bluetooth, then connect my GS3 to my HDTV using the MHL adapter....it be like having another console

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Totaly thats wot im tryin to do. Ive got the mhl lead, need to play around n see if i can get the nunchuck workin. The main wii remote doesnt have enough buttons :)

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

kingjavs

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Lol I use my PS3 controller to play games

The most epic thing would be able to wirelssly use the controller to play via bluetooth, then connect my GS3 to my HDTV using the MHL adapter....it be like having another console

you can do it this. I did it rooting my phone, but I believe there is an option if you dont want to root it. I am not sure as I tried to do it and it didnt work for me.

I play Megaman 7 and final fantasy VII for ps1 on my HDTV using my phone as console :)

One of the many reasons I kept my Galaxy S3.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
you can do it this. I did it rooting my phone, but I believe there is an option if you dont want to root it. I am not sure as I tried to do it and it didnt work for me.

I play Megaman 7 and final fantasy VII for ps1 on my HDTV using my phone as console :)

Ugh I hate that everything has to be done with rooting

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

What app does this?

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Wii remote doesnt need root.
Is it 6 axis app or somethin u use for othercontrolllers?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I will look into the Wii remote because I only have 2 in the house and Mario kart is great fun with my kids. I can join in and use my phone. Yay

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Sixaxis Controller: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller is the actual app that you use for configuring the Dual Shock controller. There's a free app https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...os.sixaxiscompatibilitychecker&token=2SMk7E6o that you can use to see if it'll work on your phone.
It works great with the MHL adapter and the screen mirrored on a big TV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Thanx mate. U know anythin bout usin Wii controllers?

Im loving my MHL-HDMI cable. Hd youtube is cool on big screen :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Also, will ANY standard bluetooth keyboard/mouse will work on the s3 and what software is needed?
I dont own a computer and jst love the idea of having a mega powerful 3g Google TV :)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Sixaxis Controller: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller is the actual app that you use for configuring the Dual Shock controller. There's a free app https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...os.sixaxiscompatibilitychecker&token=nZQ62xpa that you can use to see if it'll work on your phone.
It works great with the MHL adapter and the screen mirrored on a big TV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

That app requires the phone to be rooted

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I want to keep my OTA updates and also want to keep all the Samsung features (WiFi Direct, "Smart" features, Kies Air)

Just by rooting, you keep all that brer. Its flashing u dont wana do ;)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Even with flashing there are a lot of roms that keep those features and add many more. The only ones where you lose it are aosp (kind like on galaxy nexus). Other than that probably more than 80% keep those features.

And I have a ps3 remote and I'm rooted. I think you need the usb.otg thingy to connect them wirelessly. Can't remember though.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Oh snaps really?

homer-simpson-doh.gif

Looks like I will be rooting after AT&T gets this Jelly Bean update!
I wont be flashing any roms though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol