Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy fighting with the lockscreen

i've googled it, i'm scavenged around the forum and i can't figure it out and i'm going crazy. all i want to be able to do is have notications on my lockscreen similar to that of ios. and no i don't want an iphone i just miss this feature. i have tried executive assistant and messaging widgets and can't seem to get them to look similar or to work the same way. if someone knows of a certain lockscreen, or lockscreen app or widget i can use to make this happen PLEASE HELP!

Global Posts
    3,720 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: fighting with the lockscreen

Quote Originally Posted by weesy View Post
    i've googled it, i'm scavenged around the forum and i can't figure it out and i'm going crazy. all i want to be able to do is have notications on my lockscreen similar to that of ios. and no i don't want an iphone i just miss this feature. i have tried executive assistant and messaging widgets and can't seem to get them to look similar or to work the same way. if someone knows of a certain lockscreen, or lockscreen app or widget i can use to make this happen PLEASE HELP!
    I've used Executive Assistant Pro, and it worked for me. Try the free version first, and check your settings. Hope this helps.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

Isn't there an app called iphone notifications that does that?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Quote Originally Posted by weesy View Post
    Have u tried using go locker iPhone theme?

O_o WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

Hi.

Nicolas from Productigeeky here. We are the creators of iPhone Notifications and NotifierPro (featured on Lifehacker).

If you have an Android 4+ device, you may want to try our last app, LockerPro.

LockerPro is a lockscreen replacement for Android, displaying actionable notifications on your lockscreen.

Here is what it looks like :

We would be happy to answer your questions.

Regards.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,112 Global Posts

...interesting!

That LockerPro seems great! I guess it doesn't support music control yet though?

I'm using WidgetLocker after trying to do the very same thing the OP is with my new Galaxy S3. It can do Unread notifications for Gmail, the Samsung mail client, and the Messaging app. I don't think it supports Facebook (I don't even know if the Facebook app supports it). It requires a free download from the guys who make the Nova launcher - which is the only launcher that seems to show the unread indicators on the app shortcuts. Don't understand why Touchwiz doesn't do this stuff.

Global Posts
    3,720 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Tried it, and it froze my phone.

I tried it and it turned my talk back on even tho the feature said off in my settings

Sent from my Red GS3

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodnotes View Post
    That LockerPro seems great! I guess it doesn't support music control yet though?
    The music player is one of the things we are working on for the next updates.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Tried it, and it froze my phone.
    What phone model are you using ? Are you using a custom rom ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    I tried it and it turned my talk back on even tho the feature said off in my settings
    This is a known issue on some Samsung phones. This is a bug in Samsung's version of the Android OS that occurs with apps using accessibility services such as Lightflow, Tasker, NoLed, ...
    Their dev team is aware of the issue and they are working on a fix.

For now, here is a manual fix :
    FAQ | Productigeeky

Regards.

Global Posts
    3,720 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

@productigeeky: I have the AT&T version of the SGSIII. It's stock, but i was using "widget locker". I disabled that before downloading lockerPro. LP, froze the phone, and had to delete lockerPro from my computer, in order to get the phone to work again. Anyway, that's my story.

@productigeeky: I have the AT&T version of the SGSIII. It's stock, but i was using "widget locker". I disabled that before downloading lockerPro. LP, froze the phone, and had to delete lockerPro from my computer, in order to get the phone to work again. Anyway, that's my story.
    This is strange, surely has to do with Samsung screwing up the accessibility feature. Could you try another accessibility app like NoLed or LightFlow to see if it occurs again ?

Global Posts
    3,720 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by productigeeky View Post
    This is strange, surely has to do with Samsung screwing up the accessibility feature. Could you try another accessibility app like NoLed or LightFlow to see if it occurs again ?
    Funny you should talk about "LightFlow". The exact same thing happened a week ago, when i downloaded that app. Frozen phone!

Funny you should talk about "LightFlow". The exact same thing happened a week ago, when i downloaded that app. Frozen phone!
    Ok so there is definitely a problem with your phone and 3rd party accessibility services. Make sure you update your OS as soon as possible.

Global Posts
    3,720 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by productigeeky View Post
    Ok so there is definitely a problem with your phone and 3rd party accessibility services. Make sure you update your OS as soon as possible.
    I'm just waiting on AT&T, to send me the JB update, whenever that day arrives. Thanks for the help. That app of yours reminds me of "Lockscreen Agenda". I used it until ICS came out, and then it became incompatible with my phone.

As another option, I used NotifierPro Plus from ProductiGeekery along with WidgetLocker. It seems to be working decently well so far (I still think Windows Phone 8 did the lock screen better than Android or iOS). My lock screen has the time, the weather, upcoming calendar appointments, and Phone, SMS, and Email icons (with unread indicators). NotifierPro also shows SMS, Facebook, and Call notifications on the lock screen (with mini previews). Pretty great.

Is there another app that is similar to LockerPro? I really like it, but the free version keeps on crashing on me; and I don't feel like paying $3.99 for the full version.

Did you look at the "Users Also Viewed" or "Users Also Installed" suggestions in the Google Play Store?fighting with the lockscreen-uploadfromtaptalk1368155198509.jpgWhat problem are you trying to solve anyway? Perhaps you don't need a 3rd party app to get what you're looking for.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Chomp has notification with popup for sms, I use that with widgetlocker pretty good

Posted via Android Central App