Hey guys, new poster here... Bit of advice please?

ash1508

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, long time lurker, new poster...

Unfortunately I'm coming here seeking advice as my first post, although I intend to stick around for other reasons. My nice new galaxy S3 has what I deem to be a bad fault, I have used the search feature but can't find any problems quite as bad, my phone is left charging over night and I find it takes 12 hours to get from 5% to 20% and i just wondered if you guys had any suggestions on where the fault may lie... Charger, cable, battery or even the phone itself.

Any help is appreciated,
Ash.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Really weird. Have you installed any 'weird' applications or is the device virtually still stock?

I say restart the phone BEFORE you set it to charge the next time and then see how it does...

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the stock charger for it or are you charging up thru computer usb port?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Many people from other platforms forget to shut down applications they are no longer running. click and hold on the "home" button to get to the task switcher. From there, you can swipe away the apps you don't want to be running. That will help a LOT for battery life overall.

Now, as others have mentioned, not all chargers are the same. The stock charger that comes with the S3 provides 5 volts at 1.0 amps. Many other chargers are only delivering half an amp, and that makes for slower charging. You can always turn off bluetooth, WiFi, and GPS when you are not using your phone to improve charge times and increase battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss