Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #26  
    winmod21's Avatar

    Posts
    472 Posts
    ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    Lol "3gs to gs3" i like u man. Ur a funny dude :beer:
    (Not a pick up line.... or is it) :P
    . . . Urr a funny dude too, funky. Okay, one quick man-hug, and that's it! . . for now.

    I'm also in the minority I guess, who's just sashaying along fine with TouchWiz, so far.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Just root and flash cm10. You
    Will have your jelly bean, and can block ads and everything


    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Hmm.. Probably what I'll end up doing, even tho I'm part of the minority that actually likes touchwiz lol

    Sent from my Red GS3
    I'd say go for it then. Just rooting is cake

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarant View Post
    Why?

    All the cool kids are doing it, Come join us;-)

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums
    Exactly what he said lol



    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I'd say go for it then. Just rooting is cake



    Exactly what he said lol



    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Lol I think I'm going to go for it today, wish me luck!

    Sent from my Red GS3
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Lol I think I'm going to go for it today, wish me luck!

    Sent from my Red GS3
    Let us know how it goes . Just make sure it's for ATT and your good to go.

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    funkylogik likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Let us know how it goes . Just make sure it's for ATT and your good to go.

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Yea I'm using the sticky thread in the att section

    Sent from my Red GS3
    funkylogik likes this.
  6. #31  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by fr3GStoGS3 View Post
    . . . Urr a funny dude too, funky. Okay, one quick man-hug, and that's it! . . for now.

    I'm also in the minority I guess, who's just sashaying along fine with TouchWiz, so far.
    Augh our bits touched!!
    Felt ok tho eh

    Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  7. #32  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    All i like about TW is the not' bar power toggles but theres apps for that eh...
    ..question.. whats slicker/lighter, CM10 or a Vanilla JB rom?
    Im veering towards vanilla..
    Im a wana-be Nexus owner lol and i dont use any of samsungs software add-ons.
    Are there any final, complete vanilla roms?

    Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    So my computer doesn't recognize my phone when it's in download mode. Oh well.

    Sent from my Red GS3
  9. #34  
    winmod21's Avatar

    Posts
    472 Posts
    ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    Augh our bits touched!!
    Felt ok tho eh
    . . This is only a test. If this were a real post, I obviously would not have followed it up with an exact duplicate! . . This is only a test.

    . . We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
    funkylogik likes this.
  10. #35  
    winmod21's Avatar

    Posts
    472 Posts
    ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    Augh our bits touched!!
    Felt ok tho eh
    No, it certainly did not! And stop looking at me that way.
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    So my computer doesn't recognize my phone when it's in download mode. Oh well.

    Sent from my Red GS3
    Usually this means your computer doesn't have the Samsung drivers installed. Let me ask skunk (root guru in the Sprint area) if it would be okay for you to use the drivers from the Sprint rooting area since they are just the drivers for samsung in general. Brb! :P

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Thanked by:
  12. #37  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by fr3GStoGS3 View Post
    No, it certainly did not! And stop looking at me that way.
    Am tryin..... stop doin "those eyes"

    Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Usually this means your computer doesn't have the Samsung drivers installed. Let me ask skunk (root guru in the Sprint area) if it would be okay for you to use the drivers from the Sprint rooting area since they are just the drivers for samsung in general. Brb! :P

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Thanks

    Sent from my Red GS3
  14. #39  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Thanks

    Sent from my Red GS3
    Hi,

    I hear you are having issues getting the computer to recognize your phone.

    Here's what I would like you to try.

    1. go to your computers control panel / add and remove software (win xp) or programs and features windows 7.
    2. Uninstall Kies and Samsung drivers.
    3. When complete, restart computer and phone.

    Download these Drivers

    4. Install the drivers on your computer but do not plug in your phone until it has completed.
    5. plug in your phone that is already started. It should now recognize your phone and at the bottom right corner say it is installing the software for your phone. click on view details. Several drivers should load and as it progresses green checks will appear when successful.
    Now you should be able to continue. Here is my guide to the root the AT&T Version. All required files and detailed instuctions can be found there. If you have any problems feel free to contact me through that thread. I am subscribed to that thread and will received notifications.

    How to Root The AT&T Galaxy S3 (From The Sprint Forums)
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
    funkylogik likes this.
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Skunk to the rescue .

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    funkylogik likes this.
  16. #41  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Imagine an animal with the brains of an ape but with the power to squirt people with the stink of hell lol, bet that animal would have a great sense of humour

    Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  17. #42  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    Imagine an animal with the brains of an ape but with the power to squirt people with the stink of hell lol, bet that animal would have a great sense of humour

    Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    Lol... The north has BigFoot. I'm sure you've heard of him over there.

    Skunkape is the south's version of him.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Hi,

    I hear you are having issues getting the computer to recognize your phone.

    Here's what I would like you to try.

    1. go to your computers control panel / add and remove software (win xp) or programs and features windows 7.
    2. Uninstall Kies and Samsung drivers.
    3. When complete, restart computer and phone.

    Download these Drivers

    4. Install the drivers on your computer but do not plug in your phone until it has completed.
    5. plug in your phone that is already started. It should now recognize your phone and at the bottom right corner say it is installing the software for your phone. click on view details. Several drivers should load and as it progresses green checks will appear when successful.
    Now you should be able to continue. Here is my guide to the root the AT&T Version. All required files and detailed instuctions can be found there. If you have any problems feel free to contact me through that thread. I am subscribed to that thread and will received notifications.

    How to Root The AT&T Galaxy S3 (From The Sprint Forums)
    Thanks! That's actually the thread I was using. I'll try again in the morning

    Sent from my Red GS3
  19. #44  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Thanks! That's actually the thread I was using. I'll try again in the morning

    Sent from my Red GS3
    Ok... If you have any question or problems ask there so I will know. If you post here I won't know you are having problems.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

    Default Re: Should I wait to root?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Ok... If you have any question or problems ask there so I will know. If you post here I won't know you are having problems.
    Yup gotcha

    Sent from my Red GS3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. were should i go to root? Evo 3d
    By voltron2232 in forum HTC EVO 3D Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 10:12 PM
  2. How long should I wait to hear word on an AT&T Galaxy Nexus?
    By GravityDroid in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 08:16 AM
  3. To ROOT or Wait to ROOT??? - already accepted the OTA
    By ssethv in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 12:46 PM
  4. Should I wait to get an Android Tablet
    By digitalslacker in forum Misc. Tablet Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 06:03 AM
  5. Should i wait to root
    By vidiot1 in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 02:58 PM

Posting Permissions