Can't download apps after updating Google play

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I downloaded an app, then the store looks like it updated itself, and now I can't download any new apps or update any existing.

The "Android System" service has also now stolen my phone and won't stop running, killing my battery... regardless of how many times I reboot it (a reboot usually stops it).

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, my phone and the Play store on the web are now out of sync too. In the browser, it said Firefox is up to date. On my phone, there is an available update.

Also, the app I tried to download (which immediately failed) is nowhere on my phone, but the Play store on the web says it's installed. If I try to uninstall it, I just get an error.

Oddly enough, after a reboot I was able to update Angry Birds Star Wars, but nothing else works.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
When did it update?
Just go to it in App Manager, uninstall updates and itl update itself eventualy hopefuly without the bugs :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
FYI, I just came back to my phone to try again. I didn't uninstall updates or do anything else, and now it's working fine. Sounds like Google sprinkled some magic fairy dust and just fixed something...

emmelleff

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried the fixes recommended here, still couldn't get anything to work. Turned out it didn't like my email address. Created a new gmail account et voila tablet blew up. Not really, abnormal service has been resumed. For now........

Jerry Gurney

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Ive tried reinstalling google play store clearing cache and data, ive tried everything and i cant download or update my apps please help me im useing LG optimus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2