How do i get my NEWS card to work on Google Now?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok ive accepted the sport card doesnt work for Scottish sport (grr)

But my news card has never popped up.
Before the US election, i did a few searches but... nothing.

One of my interests is current affairs in the middle east (isreal vs Gaza [grr] and the Syrian civil war but i never get a card with news flashes or anything.
Only cards that seem to do anything are Weather (yeah, i have windows, its raining)
And Travel cards for mad random places ive been lol.. dont think it understands that some s3 owners are jobless :)

So how do i teach my News card?
Thanks

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
For the travel, there's the Employment check boxes...

1. Employed Full Time, have lots of money.
  2. Employed Part Time, mostly broke, sometimes haingle.
  3. Living in ma granny's empty.
You have to give it the right parameters or else it will just be guessing.

The only news I get is how long it will take to travel the same route I travel twice a day for the past several years.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
The travel is pretty cool.
With gps off, i pass a bus stop and it gives me all the info i need to get home from there... if they know scottish bus number and timetable then why no football???
Have to set Benfica as my team coz my team r playin them tonight.
so how do we teach News what news we want?
Has anyone had a news card?

UPDATE Benfica isnt recognised so i guess Portugal arent on googles map either :banghead:

And i cant find a decent site to complain/get answers from google on :banghead::banghead:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Cannot get news either mate. All I get is weather, English fitbaw, travel and local places.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE using Android Central Forums

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I get the card that tells me how long it takes me to get home, the weather, and that's about it. I'm interested as well on how to get additional cards to show.

Illmusiq

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I get the card that tells me how long it takes me to get home, the weather, and that's about it. I'm interested as well on how to get additional cards to show.

if you set a calendar appointment with an address it will tell you when you need to leave to make it on time 10 minutes ahead of the proper leave time...for example, I have a 30 minute drive to work, so if I have to be there at 10, it'll tell me at 9:20 that I need to leave by 9:30 to get there on time. pretty cool the first time I saw that, now I've started putting in the address for my calendar appointments lol

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
if you set a calendar appointment with an address it will tell you when you need to leave to make it on time 10 minutes ahead of the proper leave time...for example, I have a 30 minute drive to work, so if I have to be there at 10, it'll tell me at 9:20 that I need to leave by 9:30 to get there on time. pretty cool the first time I saw that, now I've started putting in the address for my calendar appointments lol

Wow, that is cool! Where exactly are you setting the calendar appointment?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Cannot get news either mate. All I get is weather, English fitbaw, travel and local places.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE using Android Central Forums

Zact same brer... hope we get an update soon man!

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
if you look at the list of sample cards, you'll notice there's no breaking news card.

Places, Weather, Public Transit, Flights, Sports, Next appointment, Translation, currency & Time back home

i guess Google will need to introduce that with an update

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hope so.... id just have guessed it would leain from we search wedther its WWE or IRA....