Finally got my Jellybean update notification

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
My S III is stock, with the exception of being rooted. I have been keeping it up to date by manually flashing updates thanks to the kind folks over at XDA.

This update failed and I am assuming it's because it's rooted and has a "modified" status. It's been quite some time since I've done a legitimate OTA update.

I went through my old threads and was unable to find my discussions on rooting, unrooting, etc.

Does anyone have a link or instructions on how to restore the device to stock, but the latest stock version available?

Also, will Vooodo OTA Root Keeper be able to restore root after upgrading to Jelly Bean, or is there a entirely different method for rooting a Jelly Bean S III?

Thanks! :)

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site

Hi Trucky,

Thank you for your response. The link you provided wipes the phone in its entirtey. When I was doing OTA updates that Samsung was pushing out, I would use ODIN and reflash the original ROM without losing my data.

I'm still searching through threads, but can't find or remember how to do. I'll keep searching.

If anyone else knows how to get the status back to Normal without wiping the phone, feel free to chime in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670