Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Top Browser?

Just got my Samsung GS3 - came from iPhone...

Reading about these browsers, the stock seems quick but I hate how the bookmarks are situated. I downloaded dolphin hd and am thinking of downloading the chrome browser. Most of the comments I searched for were a month or more ago and I see chrome has updated some stuff since then.

One thing I noticed, dolphin is only 5 mb or so but chrome is 18.99 mb, why so big and the big diff??

What is your browser experience...?

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Top Browser?

Personally, I use Firefox on my Windows and Linux machines and also on Android. My bookmarks and major settings are synced automatically and easily across all my devices, and Firefox supports flash on Android pretty well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X
    Thanked by:
    buford07 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Maybe because dolphin uses plug ins you download where as Google just had it all in one

Chrome is by far the best in my opinion, I've had over thirty tabs open for weeks now and it always seems to run perfect and smooth

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

If you use chrome on your laptop/computer then you really need it on your phone, even if it's just to sync your bookmarks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Chrome & dolphin are both Great!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Chrome was nice but it didn't play nice with 3rd party keyboards, dolphin was great until my jelly bean update, not sure what happened, Firefox has been great for me so far

I use dolphin. I don't know how to make Chrome tabs tabbed. It's always like windows where you swipe it from left to right and vv. I don't know if I just had my settings wrong but that's the reason why I changed from Google C to dolphin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

The mighty Chrome.

I use dolphin and its always smooth and fast.

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks for all the responses. I went ahead and downloaded Chrome to test it first hand. Wow, it's very fast. Noticeably faster than Dolphin. I had my wife check and she said no comparison. I do like dolphin's tabs at the top and chrome handles tabs differently, but it synced right up with my desktop bookmarks and voila they were all right there.

Going to use Chrome for now. But keep Dolphin if I need flash.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

My stock browser syncs the bookmarks with Chrome on my desktop. Not sure why people think Chrome is needed on the S3 to sync bookmarks.

I use the stock browser 90% of the time but have Chrome and Dolphin installed as well.
    cjsmoove and funkylogik like this.

That's actually my favorite part of chrome is how it handles tabs. I have a small 4.8inch screen in front of me. I don't wanna look at an address bar with tabs taking up and inch of that space. I love chrome

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

I like both dolphin and chrome but i'm leaning towards chrome more at the moment
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)

Chrome is great especially after the last update.
    If you wire me $100 I will tell you when the 3.0 update rolls out

Chrome has been really good. tried to use Opera mobile and mini recently but found them really disappointing

Give Opera Mobile a try.

i already did
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

I keep trying dolphin. The reviews are so good. But there is no comparison in speed to chrome.

Stock browser is right there with it. And both sync bookmarks.

Not sure the dolphin love affair.

Chrome synced with my Firefox bookmarks off my Laptop. .Smoother than butter

Idk, dolphin is noticeably faster than stock for me. I love the flash support but my absolute favorite feature is the way it swipes and handles bookmarks.

I must admit not even trying chrome though.. you guys think its worth trying even though im happy w dolphin? What are the main differences between the two browsers?

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by hossman12 View Post
    Idk, dolphin is noticeably faster than stock for me. I love the flash support but my absolute favorite feature is the way it swipes and handles bookmarks.

I must admit not even trying chrome though.. you guys think its worth trying even though im happy w dolphin? What are the main differences between the two browsers?

Some differences are that dolphin supports flash while chrome doesn't. Chrome has a desktop application (Which allows you to sync tabs) while Dolphin doesn't. Speed wise (IMO) they're about the same. I think you should give chrome a try and if you don't like it then uninstall it and continue using dolphin.
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

I tried syncing bookmarks with dolphin but couldn't get it to work. I like on chrome that there are "desktop bookmarks" so things I have saved on my computer are mobile. It also lets you save bookmarks as mobile bookmarks so just your sites you go to on phone can be saved there.

Note: in the app store it says chrome is 18.94 mb but really is 45+mb when downloaded. Or at least when u go into app manager it is.

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Love Dolphin browser with the X-Marks bookmarks add-on. I have used X-Marks for Firefox forever and it works great with Dolphin also.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by pdl2mtl90 View Post
    Love Dolphin browser with the X-Marks bookmarks add-on. I have used X-Marks for Firefox forever and it works great with Dolphin also.
    What is x marks?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast