- 2 Posts
Currently I am using gosms. I was using handcent I had the same issue. Many times when I get a mms message I get a "Currently unable to download. Please try again later." It seem really prevelant when I am at home(WI-FI). I think I uninstalled the stock app. I have looked to try to re-download it but can't find it. Please help. Also several times my wife has sent pics of my kids and I don't get them. I don't even get anything indicating she sent them.
- 11-22-2012, 10:41 AM #2
- 1,025 Posts
Re: Sms/mms issues
Are you sure you're having this problem with SMS? (For the purposes of this troubleshooting lets define SMS as text-only, with a maximum length of 160 characters.) As long as you have a cellular signal, you should always be able to send/receive SMS.
MMS (any message with an attachment; some messages greater than 160 characters) requires a mobile data connection - it won't actually download with a WiFi connection, although you'll see the placeholder showing that you have received an MMS, or you'll see the spinning circle if you're trying to send one.
I don't know how the 3rd party apps behave since I'm satisfied with the stock application, but it should be pretty similar to what I described above.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
- By p06781 in forum AT&T Galaxy NoteReplies: 0Last Post: 08-22-2012, 12:46 PM
- By wyllic in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 16Last Post: 02-05-2011, 08:46 PM
- By oceanridin in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 2Last Post: 10-18-2010, 05:42 PM
- By jamesedward318 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 06-08-2010, 11:08 AM
- By roblovesthehero in forum HTC HeroReplies: 3Last Post: 10-16-2009, 05:33 AM