Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MMS. Just got the new s3 galaxy and having trouble opening a mms sent from an iPhone.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    18,012 Global Posts

Default MMS. Just got the new s3 galaxy and having trouble opening a mms sent from an iPhone.

Does it give you an error or something?

I know it will look like you need to 'play' it; but that is not the case...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: MMS. Just got the new s3 galaxy and having trouble opening a mms sent from an iPhone.

I get the following response.

Download failed.

Thank you.
    DWL

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

Default Re: MMS. Just got the new s3 galaxy and having trouble opening a mms sent from an iPhone.

You MUST have your mobile data connection enabled - it won't work over WiFi (or just a regular cellular signal).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    You MUST have your mobile data connection enabled - it won't work over WiFi (or just a regular cellular signal).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    I have discovered this seems to depend on carrier for some odd reason. Try this OP and see if it works.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    Carrier
    touchejiz

If your last phone was an iphone then thats the problem and the carrier should be able to repovision your sim :thumbup:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

You folks want to know what I HATE the most especially coming from an iphone.....when I have to turn on my damn mobile data just to find out that its a simple TEXT message and not a pic!! Look, I'll gladly turn on my data for a message if I have to BUT for text?!?!? My sister has an iphone and she texts me a lot and most times, I have to turn on my data just to open up her text messages. Its random but often.

For standard SMS you don't need mobile data or WiFi enabled - all you need is a cellular signal.
    Are you sure that the messages you're getting fall within the 160 character limit? As long as it meets the SMS guidelines it should just work. (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short...vice#section_2)
    Once it passes 160 characters it may be treated as an MMS, depending on how the carriers handle it.