1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sync Samsung Galaxy S3 with Outlook Notes

I have Googled and Googled but haven't found a solution yet. I have successfully set up synchronization between my new Samsung Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile) for Outlook Exchange server for Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks, but haven't been able to do so for Notes yet.

So, can someone help me sync (wirelessly) between my GS3 and Exchange Notes? Thanks.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

Default Re: Sync Samsung Galaxy S3 with Outlook Notes

I use Touchdown which will sync notes from Outlook. You need MS exchange 2010.

hai mate..can you please tell me how do i get that.. i have exchange 2010..

Thank you

Did you look through the apps store? I beleive there is an app for that. ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

It is in the App Store. Touchdown offers a 30 day trial.

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

There's also a plug-in for Evernote for outlook and it can sync notes to Evernote.

Hi there,

Just got me a new Note II and can't believe that I can't sync outlook notes like I have been doing on devices for over 12 years! Did you ever find a solution to this? This is a deal breaker for me as I use notes for everything.

Sincerely,

Quote Originally Posted by LRGale12 View Post
    Hi there,
    Just got me a new Note II and can't believe that I can't sync outlook notes like I have been doing on devices for over 12 years! Did you ever find a solution to this? This is a deal breaker for me as I use notes for everything.
    There are two solutions listed in the thread above your post.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Yes you can use the Outlook Plugin except that if you try to edit the notes that you have imported from Outlook afterwards, you will find they have not come across in plain text. Instead they are in lots of little chunks and the text doesn't wrap. You get a message "This note contains some unsupported formatting". If you tap on the message it says "This version of Evernote does not support inline editing of webclips. Tap each individual part to edit the content"
    I'm now looking for something else. This is so bad, it might even be a deal breaker for me on using Evernote.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you can use the Outlook Plugin except that if you try to edit the notes that you have imported from Outlook afterwards, you will find they have not come across in plain text. Instead they are in lots of little chunks and the text doesn't wrap. You get a message "This note contains some unsupported formatting". If you tap on the message it says "This version of Evernote does not support inline editing of webclips. Tap each individual part to edit the content"
    I'm now looking for something else. This is so bad, it might even be a deal breaker for me on using Evernote.

I have found a workaround of sorts. If you use Evernote on your PC, select the note and then select Format, Simplify Formatting. You can also use Ctrl -Space which is a bit quicker. I noticed a blank line at the top of each note disappear as I did this.

Unfortunately if you have lots of notes like me, there doesn't seem to be a way to select all your notes & apply this. To make matters worse, as you work down the list using the down arrow key, Evernote will allow you to do 2 notes and then it will shoot back up to the first note in the list. Sigh.