Receiving picture texts as videos?

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am using unrooted, unmodded Verizon GS3. Sometimes when a friend sends me a picture via MMS, it arrived as a video with the still image popping up a few seconds into the video. This happens sometimes with different contacts all of whom have different phones including iPhones and Androids. Why does this happen?

dbmgreen

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I am using unrooted, unmodded Verizon GS3. Sometimes when a friend sends me a picture via MMS, it arrived as a video with the still image popping up a few seconds into the video. This happens sometimes with different contacts all of whom have different phones including iPhones and Androids. Why does this happen?

I dont know why this happens, but it is the same for me?? SG3-4G telstra branded

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

What are u using to play the video? Is it the stock video player?

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
OP, the same thing happens to me every so often. Picture will be received, click on it, and it seems to open it as a video file as I see the play scroll bar slowly slides across the screen. Not sure why it does it, but it always annoyed me as well.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It's a 'feature' (read: bug) that pictures are displayed as a slideshow (not actually a video). The issue has been corrected in later firmware updates, but of course that fix hasn't made it to Verizon, and apparently not to your carriers as well.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Best to just save the pic if u can and view in gallery

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer: