Streaming Videos from Dropbox restriction
Greetings as this is my first post as an Android User!
So I have a Galaxy S3 Sprint Jellybean. To my surprise, I received an extra 50 GB of storage on my Dropbox account.
So I decided to use it lol. I uploaded about 4 movies onto it. The only thing is, when I go to Dropbox from my phone to stream the videos, it will ONLY play the first 15 minutes.
Is there any way around this? Is this even correct? I would hate to have to download the files onto my phone to watch the whole thing.
I have an iPod Touch 5 and I tested this as well on it. There was no restrictions streaming, I was able to skim to any point in the 2 hours movie with no problems.
Thanks for your comments and advice in advance
- 11-26-2012, 02:22 PM #2
- 11-26-2012, 02:24 PM #3
- 11-26-2012, 06:53 PM #4
- 03-09-2013, 02:18 PM #5
- 84 Posts
Re: Streaming Videos from Dropbox restriction
You can get around this by using AllShare Play. Link your dropbox in the allshare play app. And voila, you can play more than 15 minutes, uncompressed if you want to. Make sure you have the file itself in the AllShare Play video folder (it gets created when you link the dropbox account, just move the video files there). It won't recognize folders with video. Just video files.
- 04-16-2013, 10:21 AM #6
- 04-27-2013, 09:35 PM #7
- By neridqe in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 10-06-2011, 04:47 AM
- By 3rc in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 09-06-2011, 09:39 AM
- By jalapeno001 in forum Android AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 07-18-2011, 12:32 PM
- By kigginmarker in forum Google TVReplies: 2Last Post: 01-23-2011, 03:55 PM
- By CliffD5 in forum Android AppsReplies: 11Last Post: 09-24-2010, 03:19 PM