Missed call notification...

Sincs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Is there a way to turn off the missed call notification in the notification bar?
I don't mind it displaying that a call has been missed, but I don't like the fact that it displays the number or name of the caller.

I've tried going into application manager but you can't untick the notification box.

Any way to stop the phone from displaying this info?

Thanks

Sincs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
But I guess why don't you want the name & number to show?

There a lots of situations where I wouldn't want names or numbers to show, but that's not really the point of this thread.

It's possible to have sms notifications showing no details of sender etc, so I'm surprised its not possible with missed calls too.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Here's hoping someone else has some insight into other apps that may be able to help...

Ps: I didn't insinuate this thread was about caller ID etc. I was merely curious why one wouldn't want said info to be shown. But, I digress...

Sincs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ps: I didn't insinuate this thread was about caller ID etc. I was merely curious why one wouldn't want said info to be shown. But, I digress...

Just general privacy really. Same reasons that one might not want caller/sms/etc details popping up and remaining on one's screen.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Guessin your not on JB?
think it could be fixed by that... if i had a missed call, id test it.
Who wants to ring Scotland from North america lol? :p

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Sincs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Guessin your not on JB?
think it could be fixed by that... if i had a missed call, id test it.
Who wants to ring Scotland from North america lol? :p

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Yep I'm on JB. Can't remember if it wasn't possible in ICS as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad