New to Android......got myself a shiny new RED Galaxy SIII

mikeb6109

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Took the dive from longtime blackberry owner and went for the galaxy s3. So far i love it but have no idea what i am doing. Also how the hell do i upgrade to jelly bean???? I am with bell. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Your phone might not be able to be updated to jb. If you have AT&T or Verizon in the USA then you still won't gave it. If your outside the USA then go to you settings and hit the check for software update button. :)

My one x is better then you one x!!
/
D:
\

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Depending on where you are it might not be available yet so just check in you settings for the update. And Congrats! I'm getting mine on Friday. I can't wait. I currently have an HTC Thunderbolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

mikeb6109

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I am with Bell and i did hit the update so i guess it is not here yet..........oh well none the less the phone is amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

I am with Bell and i did hit the update so i guess it is not here yet..........oh well none the less the phone is amazing!

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Since you are new to the Android platform, I would wait for Bell to officially push the update to your phone. I found that the JB is not much of a big deal except for the notifications. Google Voice is sometimes not very useful in Canada.

Personally I would wait for Bell to release it. Bell and Telus both said on their website (or I read it somewhere on a flyer) that there will be a OTA push. So, you will get a message when they push the download token to your phone.

Welcome to Android!

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: New to Android......got myself a shiny new RED Galaxy S3

Don't sweat not knowing what you're doing, there are tutorials to help you out, and they're quite comprehensive. I'm a long time BlackBerry user that moved into Android during the MLB preseason before they decided at the last minute to support BB, but after I switched. I could've returned my Photon, but they wouldn't swap my paid app back to BB. But, no regrets, really. The system is actually pretty easy to use, given a short learning curve.

Got to update to the SIII on Friday and passed the Photon to my oldest boy. He's happy as a tick on a hound dog to have that and pass his EVO to his younger brother. Welcome to the Android Galaxy, and the AC forums!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Red = att.

You guys don't have JB yet (from the my understanding) but it should be soon I'd think.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Hope you're right. I can't wait to see the improvements.:)

Prepare to be underwhelmed lol. The new JB features are impressive for the first 30 minutes, afterwards the only update you'll really focus on is Google Now. I don't think users need to be so starved for JB, it's not bad by any means but it's not leaps and bounds beyond ICS.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Madness87

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Took the dive from longtime blackberry owner and went for the galaxy s3. So far i love it but have no idea what i am doing. Also how the hell do i upgrade to jelly bean???? I am with bell. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

December 3rd my Canadian brother... That's when Samsung Canada said Canadian carriers would roll out Jelly Bean.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: New to Android......got myself a shiny new RED Galaxy S3

December 3rd my Canadian brother... That's when Samsung Canada said Canadian carriers would roll out Jelly Bean.

Lol, we'll see. If I was going to bet, I would bet it isn't going to happen on the 3rd....but I've been wrong before :D

At OP: I unofficially updated mine (No Flashing, No Rooting from a thread I found at XDA) to 4.1.1 and aside from a few minor details......I'll give it a meh out of 10.

You really aren't missing out on that much, the best improvement I've noticed (as mentioned above) are the notifications.

Just noticed the article on the front page....my stance remains the same...I'll believe it, when I see it.

Last edited: