Is it bricked?

anon(3733516)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I come to you quite frustrated.

Here's my back story.
I got my Verizon Galaxy S3 a few days ago. Ordered it via upgrade on Verizon's website. I use it for a few days and am happy, so I decided to root it - so I did. Now keep in mind that I didn't flash anything or install any root apps, all I did was root it to have the possibility to flash things in the future.

Now tonight my girlfriend calls me on the phone. We're talking for a few minutes on speakerphone, when BAM, screen goes dark and we get disconnected. I figure that my battery has died, but it had around 40% when I answered the call 5 minutes prior.

I do literally everything: take the battery out and let it sit, plug it in without the battery, try to boot into recovery, nothing works.

All that happens when I try and boot it up is it vibrates every 2 or so seconds.

anon(3733516)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well I left it on the charger for a bit and I guess it was just dead. But how is that possible? I had at least 40% left when I began my phone call and within 5 minutes it was THAT dead?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I left it on the charger for a bit and I guess it was just dead. But how is that possible? I had at least 40% left when I began my phone call and within 5 minutes it was THAT dead?

I would say the battery just needs to be recalibrated. Some people here may have a good suggestion on what to use to do this.. I am not sure so don't want to give you the name of a bad app.

Anyone?

You might have a defective battery. If it happens again I'd go back and have it replaced.

Or this is a possibility as well.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
To calibrate your battery (wipe battery stats), just charge it to 100% reboot into CWM recovery>advanced settings>wipe battery stats.

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I use it for a few days and am happy, so I decided to root it

An editorial comment, if I may...

I chuckle when I see posts like this. You're happy, so... lets change it??? I'm happy with mine too, which is exactly why I HAVEN'T changed/rooted it. I learned long ago, as long as you're reasonably happy with things the way they are, you'll have a lot less frustrations if you follow that age-old advice...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! ;)

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

I chuckle when I see posts like this. You're happy, so... lets change it??? I'm happy with mine too, which is exactly why I HAVEN'T changed/rooted it. I learned long ago, as long as you're reasonably happy with things the way they are, you'll have a lot less frustrations if you follow that age-old advice...

I couldn't agree more! ;)

anon(3733516)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

"Happy" meaning wanting to keep it. I always root my devices. It wasn't a question whether or not it was preforming well or not (honestly it could be better), so I like to root it to give it those extra possibilities.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah peeps the last thing this dude needs is humour at his expense... :thumbdown:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
You shouldn't have to calibrate battery stats on this device. In fact, I would suggest you don't. I tried it once while playing with several ROMs back in June and I threw my percentage completely off and had to Odin. This was an old stigma with Moto devices and should not exist with Samsung devices.

I'd assume you have a defective battery. Contact your carrier and try and get a free replacement.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678