• 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By junglejunkie
  • 1 Post By DallasFlier
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Is it bricked?

Hey all,

I come to you quite frustrated.

Here's my back story.
    I got my Verizon Galaxy S3 a few days ago. Ordered it via upgrade on Verizon's website. I use it for a few days and am happy, so I decided to root it - so I did. Now keep in mind that I didn't flash anything or install any root apps, all I did was root it to have the possibility to flash things in the future.

Now tonight my girlfriend calls me on the phone. We're talking for a few minutes on speakerphone, when BAM, screen goes dark and we get disconnected. I figure that my battery has died, but it had around 40% when I answered the call 5 minutes prior.

I do literally everything: take the battery out and let it sit, plug it in without the battery, try to boot into recovery, nothing works.

All that happens when I try and boot it up is it vibrates every 2 or so seconds.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Is it bricked?

Well I left it on the charger for a bit and I guess it was just dead. But how is that possible? I had at least 40% left when I began my phone call and within 5 minutes it was THAT dead?

You might have a defective battery. If it happens again I'd go back and have it replaced.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy100 View Post
    Well I left it on the charger for a bit and I guess it was just dead. But how is that possible? I had at least 40% left when I began my phone call and within 5 minutes it was THAT dead?
    I would say the battery just needs to be recalibrated. Some people here may have a good suggestion on what to use to do this.. I am not sure so don't want to give you the name of a bad app.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by trucky View Post
    You might have a defective battery. If it happens again I'd go back and have it replaced.
    Or this is a possibility as well.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

To calibrate your battery (wipe battery stats), just charge it to 100% reboot into CWM recovery>advanced settings>wipe battery stats.
    Thanked by 2:
    funkylogik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy100 View Post
    I use it for a few days and am happy, so I decided to root it
    An editorial comment, if I may...

I chuckle when I see posts like this. You're happy, so... lets change it??? I'm happy with mine too, which is exactly why I HAVEN'T changed/rooted it. I learned long ago, as long as you're reasonably happy with things the way they are, you'll have a lot less frustrations if you follow that age-old advice...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!
    Longtime BlackBerry user, navigating my way through the Android forest,
    sometimes wishing for a better map!
    winmod21 likes this.

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post

I chuckle when I see posts like this. You're happy, so... lets change it??? I'm happy with mine too, which is exactly why I HAVEN'T changed/rooted it. I learned long ago, as long as you're reasonably happy with things the way they are, you'll have a lot less frustrations if you follow that age-old advice...

I couldn't agree more!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post

"Happy" meaning wanting to keep it. I always root my devices. It wasn't a question whether or not it was preforming well or not (honestly it could be better), so I like to root it to give it those extra possibilities.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Yeah peeps the last thing this dude needs is humour at his expense... :thumbdown:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
    Thanked by:

You shouldn't have to calibrate battery stats on this device. In fact, I would suggest you don't. I tried it once while playing with several ROMs back in June and I threw my percentage completely off and had to Odin. This was an old stigma with Moto devices and should not exist with Samsung devices.

I'd assume you have a defective battery. Contact your carrier and try and get a free replacement.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    Thanked by: