WIFES S3 broke By ITSELF!!!

MasTeR.LeGenD

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
So my wife and I were online shopping at the dinner table. Her s3 was playing pandora as I asked to switch the channel picked it up put it down no prob. 15 minutes later she recieved a text as i pressed the button to tell her whom it was I noticed a hairline crack straight across the screen. No drop no anything only 1 month old!!!! What to do now I seriously think there is a glass defect and overheating is causing this problem. Anyone????

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Phones not broken, it still functions. It's just a crack....
I was thinking the phone self destructed or something

MasTeR.LeGenD

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
yeah I saw all the posts throughout just wanted to start a new one and see what were the results from these defective cheap korean phones.
If the screens are defective on some phones the company should recognize as apple did when they had the antenna problems.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have seen some posts about this in the past. I have a release date S3 and mine has none. However the screens on these devices do seem to break easy! Not good IMO but I still love my S3 no less so far!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Samsung will NEVER admit theres a bad batch of glass and recall unless a major site *cough android central* did an exquiry/pole!
It would cost them a fortune and damage thier pride.
Im one of the lucky ones who has a dented bezel, scratched and dented battery cover and flawless screen (no protection)
Someone big has to do something or youre all screwed :( :thumbdown:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

hombre_jaguar

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how of this thread is but my wife's s3 screen just cracked the other day less than 1 week after buying it at t-mobile. :mad:

Were tight on funds and its 130 to replace it with the warranty wtf?

Samsung needs to do something:)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Everyone with a sub-standard glass... tell a Mod... maybe someone can get done.
Theres been threads about this since i joined and we're just tellin eachother when its SAMSUNG who need to know.
Its impossible to prove you didnt damage the screen without misuse so someone has to do a major quality control check on the manufacturer and get some answers about the micro SD problem while we're at it.

I duno how to start these mass things but someone must?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So my wife and I were online shopping at the dinner table. Her s3 was playing pandora as I asked to switch the channel picked it up put it down no prob. 15 minutes later she recieved a text as i pressed the button to tell her whom it was I noticed a hairline crack straight across the screen. No drop no anything only 1 month old!!!! What to do now I seriously think there is a glass defect and overheating is causing this problem. Anyone????

U sure it couldnt have happened in her purse or something?

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The screen is broken, functional but broken... You're nitpicking lol

Sent from my Red GS3

It's not really nitpicking. She's had the phone for a month and it's obviously faulty. I know with as much as I paid for mine, it it did that, I would be at the store throwing a fit. My battery keeps overheating. I get a voice warning when it overheats. I'm gonna go get a new battery, it probly won't help but it's worth a shot

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Seems like this has happened to a few people, not enough to call it an epidemic and pull out the pitchforks.

File a manufacturer warranty claim. A hair line crack and a shattered screen are very different. They can't prove it was dropped (especially if you make a big stink about it).

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Madness87

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Unlike with antenna problems that can be replicated or quantified, how will you ever prove your screen didn't break because you sat on it? I still don't think there is some bad "batch" of phones, I just think that the luck of the draw is some people avoid scratches from keys while others are not so lucky. You have to remember, this isn't your old droid or phone with gorilla glass, this is your new 4.8 thin LED with gorilla glass 2. No one ever said it was scratch proof or break proof.

I would say try and take it to the place you bought it from. Tell them it cracked somehow. Tell them that as there is no visible scratches or drops anywhere, you don't know how it happened. Thats the best you can do. It's just the unfairness of life, sometimes these things happen.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It's not really nitpicking. She's had the phone for a month and it's obviously faulty. I know with as much as I paid for mine, it it did that, I would be at the store throwing a fit. My battery keeps overheating. I get a voice warning when it overheats. I'm gonna go get a new battery, it probly won't help but it's worth a shot

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

I wasn't talking to the op I was talking to the person who said it wasn't broken because it was a hairline crack... Lol read the post I quoted.

Sent from my Red GS3

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a very small(unnoticeable unless you look for it) crack near the middle towards the bottom of my screen. I can confirm that I never placed it in my pockets with keys, dropped it, or anything crazy. However I find it hard to believe when people say stuff along the lines of "huge crack down the center of my phone", or "screen randomly shattered" but then go on to claim they'e always babied their phones, never dropped etc...However there could be a bad batch of Gorilla Glass 2 out there.

MasTeR.LeGenD

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok so a little backgroud my wife and I had iphones since they came out my wife has had a 3g for years now not a scratch perfect to this day. I say come on lets go android I want note 2 her s3. She got the s3 1st I dont have my note yet. 1 month!!!!! read my post it cracked itself on the table also my wifes phone cracked more yesterday just being there! I left it on the table the whole day she used her iphone. It spidered more on its own. I wish I could have videoed it but had to work. There has to be a bad batch of glass out there!!!! Plus her phone was getting really hot so maybe this caused the glass to pop????????

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok so a little backgroud my wife and I had iphones since they came out my wife has had a 3g for years now not a scratch perfect to this day. I say come on lets go android I want note 2 her s3. She got the s3 1st I dont have my note yet. 1 month!!!!! read my post it cracked itself on the table also my wifes phone cracked more yesterday just being there! I left it on the table the whole day she used her iphone. It spidered more on its own. I wish I could have videoed it but had to work. There has to be a bad batch of glass out there!!!! Plus her phone was getting really hot so maybe this caused the glass to pop????????

Question.........

......is the S3 with or without a case?